Chapter 2

"Thank you, now that I have your attention, I ask for the whole of sixth form to gather in the library for a brief assembly!" the teacher announced.

Me, Rachel and Louis slipped off our seats and walked through the door straight into the library. In the crowd and confusion, I bumped into someone, but was pushed away before I could turn and apologize.

The library tables had been pushed into the space between the bookshelves, and the chairs were arranged into rows. Even from here, I could tell that there wasn't enough chairs for all of us. That would explain why teachers were bringing chairs in from the common room.

I sat on the new uncomfortable chairs next to Rachel. "These are sure uncomfortable, compared to the cushioned chairs we had last year."

"They were quite torn and tattered though," she whispered back to me, before turning to another teacher who was calling for quiet at the front. I recognised her as the new head of sixth form. The school had quite a large turnover of staff when it changed into an academy.

"Welcome everyone to sixth form," she addressed the year twelves. "We have a couple of things to say to the new year thirteen before they'll go to form. We have been asked to remind you about the dress code. We assure you it is quite relaxed as we give you more freedom as you get older, but please be sensible, don't show too much skin, make sure skirts aren't too short and that tops don't show too much cleavage. Now 13A, your form teacher has changed from Mr Kulteen to Mrs Larey, your new form room is G9. 13B, 13C and 13D you still have your old form teachers and form rooms, that is all for you, you may head to form for your timetables and planners."

Half the assembly left the library and my anxiety eased up a bit. All those people were making me nervous. I turned back to the front, facing the sixth form head. "Hello, new year twelves! Welcome to sixth form. We are here to address a few things. Your forms, lockers and iPads. Let's start with the lockers. You are required to pay a £5 deposit, and you will receive your key. You will also need to receive your free lanyard as it is part of the dress code. You will be able to hang gate fobs, which can be collected in the tech house by the gate, and your locker keys from it. Now iPads... we regret to tell you that you won't be receive a iPad this year."

Groans of annoyance rang out. "I was looking forward to that, ever since I learned that I would proceed to sixth form," I complained to Rachel, who nodded vigorously, agreeing with me.

"Sorry, but the iPads are very old, and we can't afford to buy new ones."

"Considering they had a £3 million grant when it changed to an academy, I saw it on Facebook," Louis whispered to us. I rose my eyebrows in surprise, this school is tight.

"Finally, I will assign you to your forms. Since so few applied this year, you will be split into two forms," she explained. "If I call your name, follow Mr Miller, you will be in 12A. Mia Gale, Sean Burner, Helen Dorca, Rachel and Louis Parans, Elliot Faith, Harry Kurt, Lauren Zim and Julia Opel." I smiled at Rachel and Louis as we left our seats to follow our form teacher. Louis had a small scowl on his face which became bigger as Sean approached us. He had a smug smile on his face.

"You two are twins, you have the same last name!" he announced as we all left the library.

"We aren't related, I know it's crazy," Rachel replied, keeping a cool demeanor. "We've had DNA tests to prove that. Now leave me alone."

Sean huffed at being rejected a second time, before he walked off to talk to Elliot. Louis took a deep breath before wrapping his arm around Rachel. "He is starting to tick me off, if you hadn't stepped in then, babe, I would have thrown a punch or shot magic towards him."