Chapter 4

Racquelle's POV

I tremble as I lock myself in my bedroom, running over the last few hours in my head. My hands fumble as I finally manage the task, before I collapse to my bed, still in disbelief over what I've just done.

I didn't cry, I learned that it does nothing from a young age. Not that that it is a good thing. My pink highlights hang off the bed, reminding me of what I've done. School will be hell tomorrow, knowing an angry Mia, Rachel and Louis will be after me.

I look up to the ceiling, as I think back to my tremendous mistake.

~Flashback

Rage fills my mind, as I unable to think of anything else. Mia is so arrogant, thinking she can shout at me. I spend the previous few days thinking of what I can do, to pay her back before I settle on a plan.

I entered school early this morning, too wound up to sleep. Mia will regret her outburst. I deliberately left the foundation off my hand, leaving my Mark exposed. I get a few questions from my friends as they notice.

"Is that a tattoo?" "What does it mean?"

I kept my mouth shut about the true meaning, knowing it would blow my plan if I told them the truth. I kept my answers short and cryptic to keep their interest up. "You'll see. Just come to the common room at lunch." They nodded and left me alone.

I didn't see Mia for most the day, though I got a glimpse of her working on a computer in the library, earphones poking out of her long hair. She has no problems secretly listening to music in class, as her thick hair covers her small earbuds. I never snitched on her, mainly as I wanted to lower her guard against me. All for this plan.

Mia seemed stressed, as shown by her frantic typing on the keyboard, and her constant slouching in classes. There is no way she would know about my plan though, so it must be the great increase of work she has received. I'm currently struggling to keep up with the work myself.

"Racquelle! Are you going to tell me what will happen at lunch?!" A sharp voice interrupts my concentration, and I look up from the essay I was writing for English Language. Courtney is the one who spoke. She is leaning on the table in front of me. I roll my eyes mentally, as I remember her impatience. "What does that tattoo mean? With the pink and blue? And the letters VL?"

"Courtney, you need to wait! Lunch is next, I'm sure you can wait another twenty minutes!" I say simply, beginning on the conclusion. This essay is due last lesson, and I have homework for art, due next week. That will take a while, and its already Friday, not leaving me much time to complete it.

"Eh, I'll amuse myself with Business Studies then," she says, before bringing out a textbook and a worksheet. I nod before I turn back to my essay. I finish the last line as the bell rings. I hear the slam of a heavy book getting closed and turn to Courtney.

"Come on, it's lunch, tell me!" she eagerly asks. I held up my hand to her.

"Wait, in a minute," I explained, and she looks disappointed. But I must wait until Mia gets here. I slip my finished essay into my folder, and I notice Mia enter the room with Rachel, chatting away with her. She's wearing a white and light grey striped top with zips at the bottom. Her hair is behind her, and she is clutching a black folder. She has a pen tucked behind her ear, which means she has been writing. Her red band contrasts against her top, which is perfect.

I look at Rachel, who is wearing a pink hoodie, and has her hands in her pockets. Her band is nowhere in sight, so she must be wearing it under her sleeves. That doesn't matter, she and Louis aren't my targets.