ѕ ι χ

B a m b i

"Alright Bambi, you've made it through the morning, now it's time for you to start fighting," Uncle Brian said to me as I stood in front of him. After school today I headed home and found out that training would start immediately,

the moment I got home,

after school,

everyday.

"Now, since you are behind and older than some of the boys here, your fight on Saturday will be with one of the guy's who matches your fighting skill set. I want you to kick every guy here's ass Bam, and the only way you're going to do that is if he trains you."

"He who-"

Then I saw him. Tall, lean, built, dirty blonde hair and a smile that makes me want to melt into a puddle.

"Hey, I'm Chauncey McCoy. It's nice to meet you," he smiled as he reached out to shake my hand. His smile didn't seem sincere, and I sensed something a bit off about him. I looked up at Uncle Brian with a raised brow.

"So you're not training me Uncle B?" I asked, I at least expected him to be with me while I trained.

"Nope."

"Not even Fletcher?"

"Fletcher will train you when Chauncey isn't available, but that will almost never happen."

Well damn, first Vinny and now Fletcher and Uncle Brian? I guess I really don't have any friends now.

"Oh c'mon, I won't bite Bambi. Well, not unless we're sparring."

"Oh because that's reassuring," I snapped, sarcasm etching it's way into my voice.

"Just do it Bambi, you wanted this didn't you?" Uncle Brian looked tired, the bags under his eyes dark as the wrinkles by his eyes seemed more defined. He always looked no older than 30, but right now, he looked about 50 years old. I sighed in defeat, looking down at Chauncey's hand and hesitantly shaking it.

"Let's go Blondie, I wanna kick some ass."

ωΨωΨωΨωΨωΨω

"Okay, so first I just want to see where you are fighting wise, so we are going to spar," Blondie said as he put up his fists and got into a fighting stance.

"Alright, you ready?"

"I guess," I shrugged, mirroring his stance. What I didn't know, was that sparring meant fighting to the death for Blondie here. His fist shot out so quickly I almost didn't catch it as I twisted and dodged his attack on my face.

"Woah! What the fuck was that?" I exclaimed, putting my fists down and regaining my balance. "You just tried to outright punch me in the face!"

"I'm going to be honest with you. I don't believe you have what it takes to train." his smile menacing as he began to circle around me.

"All women are good for are cooking, cleaning and providing men with pleasure and/or children. Once I beat the shit out of you, you'll never want to train again." he literally spat at my feet after saying this. "You're nothing but a stupid little bitch who gets whatever she wants because her Uncle is an Elder."

He charged at me, swinging his arm to give me a right hook. I ducked under his swing but he quickly used his left to punch me in the stomach. I groaned from the pain, but refused to stop, my anger building up inside of me like a blazing fire. While I was hunched over, he kneed me in the face, causing me to double over again and clutch my nose. I lowered myself onto the ground as I kicked his legs from beneath him, causing him to fall.

He landed on his back, but pushed his weight back up off of the ground with his hands. As I tried to get up, he grabbed me by hair, tugging on it as hard as he could as he lifted me up off of the ground. I saw through my watering eyes that our little "spar" had attracted an audience.

"You weak bitch. Now all of these people can see how much of a failure you are."

He released my hair, causing me to fall into a heap onto the ground. He stood over me, his legs on either side of my body. I was in so much pain, my nose was probably broken, and my stomach felt like it was convulsing. I felt weak, hopeless. I looked up at him, hatred bleeding through his eyes as he stared at me with a sadistic smile on his face. I looked over at the crowd of people, the men looked at me like a pariah, even some of the women. But what really caught my eyes were the children. A little girl was staring at me with wide eyes, her hair dirty and sticking out in all kinds of directions. She was wearing shorts and a snap back, she looked like a tomboy. She had this look on her face as if her favorite hero had been defeated, and that there was no hope. Something stirred inside of me as I looked at the other female children, most who shared the same facial expression. Chauncey was still looking down at me as I slid my arm out in front of me. I knew he was going to hit me again to try and knock me out but I wasn't about to let that shit happen. As soon as I saw him raise his fist, I pulled my fist back as far as I could and punched him repeatedly in the crotch.

He yelped out from the pain and fell over beside me, I had caught him by surprise. I shot up as fast as I could and began kicking him in the face, punching his chest, doing everything I could to weaken him. I don't know what came over me, but his blatant disrespect to me in front of the village members caused me to want blood, specifically his.

"Bambi? Bambi! Stop!" I heard someone say faintly behind me, but I wasn't in my right mind. I could see nothing but my feet in front on me with Chauncey's bottom half in between them. The pounding of my heart drumming in my ears as I felt a slight pinch in the crook of my elbow.

"Bambi Callista Falcone stop this instant," I heard a deep voice boom. How dare he command me like I'm beneath him, I will not succumb to any man. Period. Whatever I was doing, I let my body take over, not even giving a shit about what I was doing while my conscious no longer cared.

The pounding in my ears stopped as I heard the slightest shifting of dirt move underneath someone's sneakers. He was trying to sneak up on me. When he reached out to pull me away, my left arm swung out and hit him square in the jaw, knocking him out.

"Bambi, stop. You're okay. He's passed out. Don't kill him," I heard Vinny's voice say to me, which woke my conscious back up. My eyes were mine again and I could see and hear normally once more. I looked up at the crowd, awe written all over their faces. The little girl I had seen before had a large grin on her face, showing off her missing front teeth.

I looked down at my arm and saw blood and teeth marks all over it. My eyes moved on their own accord to the head I had tucked securely in the crook of my arm, it was Chauncey's.

"You choked him out Bambi, let him go now," Uncle Brian spoke, his voice holding a coldness to it I hadn't expected. He tried to walk towards me, but I stuck my hand out, motioning for him to stop where he was. I stood up, dropping that unconscious low-life onto the ground. My nose was dripping blood, and I could taste the metallic flavor of it on my lips as I began to speak.

"No need to talk to me, I'm not important right? I 'Don't deserve to be training' or some shit like that because I'm female?" I snapped, looking from him to Vinny and everyone else.

"I have news for you, girls can do just as much as men, maybe more. It's not always about brute strength. I don't ever want to hear anyone tell me about how I'm 'only good for cooking and cleaning' or any other misogynistic shit like that, or else you'll get exactly what this piece of shit did," I walked away after saying this, leaving my words to taint the air.