т ω є и т у и ι и є

B a m b i

unedited

Everything around me seemed to freeze when my ears heard that word pour from his mouth.

Mate.

"I thought I didn't have one?" I asked Callista.

It seems that we do, his essence is so powerful. He will give us strong offspring.

"Offspring? I just met the guy!" I yelled at her, wincing at the loud volume my voice undertook in my head.

He is our life mate, our Destined. You will bear his children eventually, it is inevitable.

"Inevitable my ass, I am fine being single for the rest of my life," I smiled to myself triumphantly, happy that I had actually successfully ignored Ender. Catherine taught me that when mates first meet, they cannot stay away from each other or think about anything else but their Destined for at least a week. But I seem to be doing just fine... and so does he...

And apparently a virgin Callista smirked, causing me to outwardly gasp at her comment. I hadn't lost my virginity yet for personal reasons, now I'm no saint, but I didn't feel like I had met someone worthy of possessing my whole body in such an intimate way.

"What is it Bambi?" I faintly heard Alpha Strom ask, bringing me back to reality, my hand still in Ender's.

"You've been spaced out for a few minutes, are you okay?" he asked me. I looked up at him, and could see Ender staring at me in my peripheral vision. His eyes were dark and glossed over, meaning he was probably talking to his wolf.

"Ugh, yes Alpha, I'm fine," I smiled weakly, pulling my hand from Ender's. He seemed to be taken out of his trance when I did this, his eyes blinking before they seemed to drink me in. I then realized that the smell of Irish Creme and French Vanilla coffee was him, and I wanted to grab him and run my nose along his neck as his scent filled my nostrils.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I turned and walked away from the party, heading up to my room. As I mounted the second staircase to the hallway that my room was in, I heard Davey and Araj speaking.

"I've given you nothing but time Davey! I'm tired of waiting! You're family needs to know, and now that Ender's here, he can hear it from your own mouth," Araj heatedly told Davey, and I could hear the anger in his voice. I had never found out his and Davey's secret, they seemed to know whenever someone was near and changed the subject once they were sensed. However, they seem to be so deep in conversation that they hadn't even noticed me, which gives me time to mask my scent.

"Why can't we just pretend that the truth isn't the truth. We can find other people to help us with the lie and make it more believable. The placebo affect would take place eventually, so it's a win win!" Davey argued, his voice frantic as if he was running out of things to say, running out of options.

"But this is not something we can continue to bullshit David! I can't keep this secret anymore, it's eating me alive. I'd never be happy knowing that we couldn't live the way fate intended because of our stupid decisions we made in life! I don't know if I can keep doing this. I need to at least tell someone about this, it'll buy us some time to come up with a plan to tell your family," Araj sighed heavily, and could hear the tapping of his foot, a sign of his irritation.

"I don't trust anyone to keep that important of a secret Araj!" Davey began to yell, but quickly quieted his voice.

"What about Catherine? I've been seeing her for eight years, we can trust her," he reasoned, but Davey sighed in discontent.