т ω є и т у σ и є

B r i a n

"How's she holding up?" I asked Fletcher as he wiped the sweat that had collected on Tua's face overnight. She's been like this for the past three days, sweating through her bed sheets and lightly panting as if she's out of breath.

"If she doesn't wake up by tomorrow I'll have to set up an IV in her arm, she's not getting any fluids whatsoever. I'm worried, I have no idea what's going on with her body. I haven't seen anything like this before, and I'm not totally sure how to treat it." he answered, sighing heavily as he stood back up.

"It's weird not hearing her swear or see her punching the crap out of Vinny," he voiced just above a whisper, but I heard him.

"That's two loud mouths gone in only a matter of a week," I frowned, walking out of Tua's room and downstairs into my office. Vincent was no where to be found.

"I'm headed to work, you should rest up, you have to train the kiddies today. They've been on break for three weeks," Fletcher said as he walked by my office, signalling that he was finished with our conversation. There's been a lot of tension still stirring around the house since Vinny and I's argument. The boys just have small talk with me, nothing more, nothing less. Vinny has been missing since the night of Tua's seizure. He never came back with the kit, but he's not stupid. He's probably gone to let off some steam from the other night.

He surprised the shit out of me, I swear that boy is usually as soft as a cloud. He needs a girlfriend who'll harden him up a bit, during training he doesn't even attack the other boys. All he does is deflect. And I know he has the strength of an ox, I've seen him fight Fletcher, I don't know why he keeps holding back. It's not healthy.

The sound of my walkie fills the air as I await the message.

Falcone, get down here asap

I here Neil's voice pour through the speaker and I outwardly groan. He's been an even bigger pain in my ass than usual these past few days, asking me all these personal questions about Bambi that he thinks I'll just spill. He's got another thing coming.

Don't keep me waiting Brian

I heard him tsk. I will show up when I am good and ready, he already thinks I'm really old so I'll use that as my excuse. I'm only forty-six, that's not too old, I could still kick his ass even if I was eighty. I slowly got up and headed to the kitchen to make myself a frittata and a cup of coffee before heading to Dumphy's office.

Boy did he not disappoint when I did decide to show up.

"I told you not to keep me waiting old man," Neil snarled when I walked inside. Korbin's hair looked grayer than it has ever been as he sighed inaudibly.

"Don't get your panties in a wad, I'm here ain't I?" I said, hiding my grin. I lived to annoy this family.

Before Neil could say anything else, Korbin's walkie went off.

Sir we have a situation, one of them tried to escape. We brought her back but we need you down here to give her the correct punishment

I furrowed my brows in confusion but quickly made my face stern and unfazed as Korbin turned his attention to me.

"Handle this boy, I've got to go." he clapped his hand down on Neil's back before leaving the room.

"Anyway, I called you down here because I want you leading the search party when we look for Bambi. We're set out to leave Tuesday," he told me, taking his father's seat behind the desk and motioning for me to sit. I chose to remain standing.

"And if I refuse?"

"You might not want to. I have three things that you might want, you'll probably crave one of them," he smiled sadistically. "Plus, you forget that if I find Bambi, she will be mine in every which way. I'd watch what you say to me from now on, because I can make her life hell."