т ω є и т у ѕ ι χ

B a m b i

I felt my eyes open on their own accord, the light from the setting sun entering my pupils. I squinted, and let out a whine.

Was that me?

I blinked a few times, confused by the sound I had just made. I tried to stand up but the top half of my body felt heavy, causing me to fall on all fours. As I lifted myself on my hands and knees, I found myself in the middle of the forest. My throat felt like I hadn't had a drink of water in weeks, so I began to look for a pond to drink from.

After walking (still on all fours for some reason) around for ten minutes I found a small stream next to some rocks a few feet ahead of me.

Trotting over to the stream, I reached my hands out to scoop up some water. But what I didn't realize, was that my hands weren't hands, they were large black paws. Startled, I jumped backwards, not knowing what the hell just happened. I slowly made my way back to the stream, hesitantly looking down at the water to see my reflection. The more my head inched towards the water, the stranger my appearance seemed to be. My eyes themselves had finally caught a glimpse of what I had become, and I ended up growling at myself.

In the reflection of the water, I saw white beady eyes staring back at me. Suddenly, I remembered what had happened to me. I must have shifted after I went unconscious at the ceremony.

I have to admit that my wolf looks down right terrifying. I had dark black fur with a long snout and my pupils were so dilated that you could barely see my eye color. I opened my mouth to see my teeth, and found them to be large, sharp, and peeking out of my mouth a bit. Damn overbite.

My fur was all over the place, puffed out like my hair usually is, just on a wolf. I saw Tua's necklace resting on my neck, almost like a collar. I continued to admire my reflection, the thought of quenching my thirst long gone after thinking that something in my life was finally feeling right.

I hadn't even expected this reaction from even myself, I thought that I would maybe be angry or upset at being a werewolf and that this was the moment where if I had any doubts about it, they'd dissipate.

But I actually feel quite the opposite. I'm somewhat relieved and kind of excited about this whole werewolf thing, even though I used to enjoy killing them for sport.

I'm sure the pack is probably already swarming with gossip about how I was a hunter and now I'm a werewolf. They're probably saying things like, "How'd she not know?" "How many wolves did she kill?" "Is she an informant for the hunters?" "Is she gonna kill us?"

And they'll never know those answers, because I more than likely won't interact with them, not unless I have to.

Finally having enough of my vanity for the day, I dipped my mouth into the cool water and began to lap it, a satisfied groan leaving my lips.

"Are you done? We need to head back to the pack house before nightfall," I heard someone's voice enter my head. My head spun around to come face to face with a brown wolf.

I pulled my mouth back, lowering my head as a low growl escaped my lips. The brown wolf was taken aback at my aggression, taking a step back.

It's Bellezza Bamb I heard Callista say, causing me to stop my growling and to sit up straight.

I stared at Bellezza long and hard, trying to concentrate as I sent her a thought.

"Sorry, I'm still new to this," I apologized, and she came up to me, a smile on her wolf's face telling me that she got the message.

"Girl you better be lucky that your wolf already knew how to block your thoughts, 'cuz as soon as she recognized me all those walls fell and I heard everything you said," her voice sounded odd in my head, a bit more sassy and lighter.

Parcae (BWWM) (Book #1 of the Falcone Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara