є ℓ є ν є и

B r i a n

It's been two weeks since Bambi won her first fight, and the more she's fighting, the faster she's pinning or knocking out her opponents. That Richie kid has been hanging around her a lot, which I guess he has no real choice but to. The day his family was officially initiated in the village's center, all of the men booed him for losing to Bambi and basically shunned him (that list of shunned guys is doubling week after week).

Chauncey agreed to pick up training Bambi again, which I was hesitant about, so I have Fletcher and Chauncey both teach her so Fletch can keep an eye on Chauncey. I still don't trust him since he hasn't given us any information about where he's from or the mystery behind Perpetua's intelligence. However, I don't want to bring this up to Korbin, he'd just kick them out of the village or worse, kill them.

Right now, I'm seated at my desk, thinking about Bambi's next opponent for this week. As I turned the page to look at another teen's evaluation from the prior week, my walky began to static.

Brian Falcone, meet Korbin Dumphy at Council Hall in his office immediately.

I heard Jeanine (the secretary), say over the channels. Sighing, I got up from my desk and walked out of my home office.

"Hey Uncle Brian," Tua smiles as she waves at me as I walk down the hallway. She insists that she's family now, so she stays at our house from time to time. We have to force her to go home. I waved back and smiled at her as I passed another one of my nephews.

"Uncle B, I need to talk to you," Vinny says in a hushed tone, pulling my arm and leading me to his room.

"What is it Vincent? I'm in a hurry," I said, wanting him to get to the point.

"Look at this!" he exclaimed, pulling his shirt up and revealing his chest. His veins were protruding out of his body and were a dark purple; nothing I had ever seen before.

"And right here," he whispered, putting his palm on his hip-bone. I walked closer to him to look at it, but before I could get close enough to make out what the hell was on him, Fletcher burst into the room.

"Uncle Brian I can handle this, I am in nursing school," he rushed out, tapping his foot onto the ground.

"It's an online nursing school but whatever I have places to be," I grumbled, walking back out of the room.

Walking outside, I passed Bambi and Chauncey. Her eyes were narrowed as they fought, concentrating. I could hear the irritation in his voice as they went over the same move numerous times.

"Bambi? Are you even paying attention?" he sighed heavily as he pulled away from her. I half expected him to blow up in her face.

"My palms are open see? Keep those hands unclenched at least if you don't feel comfortable keeping an open palm. I just know that your favorite move is to attack the crotch, and it hurts more with an open palm than a fist," he finished, taking her hands and opening them.

"And keep your feet far apart so your weight is balanced. That's how Peter almost beat you last week. He pushed you so hard that you fell and almost didn't get up in time. Keep those feet apart!"

"How does that make sense?" she growled, snatching her hands out of his and pacing.

"More force, it stings like a slap, and the feet thing, like I said, better balance," he frowns, taking her hands once again and opening her fists.

"This intense anger and concentration you have, it's great; just don't over think it or let your feelings get the best of you."

"Okay, okay. Go get Fletcher please so I can test what I've learned today," she says, wiping her hands on her yoga pants.