т н я є є

B a m b i

"C'mon Bam, you have to eat something," Vinny frowned as he sat a plate of spaghetti in front of me, but I wasn't in the mood for eating. It's been six weeks, five days, and two hours since Emory was murdered, the last thing on my mind was pasta, even if it was hand made by Uncle Brian.

"Look, Uncle Brian is making me and Fletcher go to Mass with him like he does every Sunday night, but if you need me to stay with you, I can sacrifice not hearing Pastor Gabriel speak for a day," Vinny smiled softly, messing with his suit and tie before plopping down next to me on the bottom bunk of my bed. "I don't want you to go through this alone because you don't have to, I'll stay with you, as long as you need me to."

I smiled, it was refreshing to know that he cared so much for his big sister. I put my arm around his shoulders and grinned, "Thanks Vin, you're really mature for your age you know that?"

He smiled back at me, saying, "I know, that's why I'm a freshman taking AP classes."

He was always smart, but now he's just being a smartass.

"Now how about we watch some That 70s Show huh? I know how much you like Hyde."

ωΨωΨωΨωΨωΨω

"Bambi, you have to leave the house honey, it's been six months since Emory's death and you haven't even left your room except for using the bathroom," Uncle Brian pleaded as I stared at my room's ceiling. All the swirls that once looked baby blue looked dark gray, and all of the stars that used to dance and twinkle looked dull and sluggish. I had no reason to leave, I didn't want to be attacked again, I didn't want anyone's sympathy, I didn't want to see her parents' faces. The only person I allow inside of my room is Vinny, he's the only person who gets it. I don't care that I've missed the last couple of months of school, it's not like I need it. I can't go back there anyway, too many painful memories.

I answered him with a loud sigh and pulled the covers over my head. I thought he left until I heard the door handle jiggle.

"Let me in Bambi, please," he pleaded again, but this time he sounded more irritated. Again, I refused to answer him, so I decided to go to sleep.

Next thing I knew, there was wood splattering all over my room and the covers were snatched from me as I came face to face with my ill-tempered legal guardian.

"I know you're grieving, but you will not openly disrespect me when we have guests!" he spat at me in a hushed voice. I looked behind him and saw none other than her parents in the hallway, looking at me with sympathy and broken hearts.

"Why would you let them see me like this? Do you want people to know how beaten up and shitty I feel inside? You want them to see how much of a terrible person I think I am? How dare you!" I yelled, my voice and anger rising with every syllable pouring from my lips.

"Calm do-"

"Do not tell me to fucking calm down! You calm down! Instead of being the rational person you want everybody to believe you are, you burst in here breaking down doors and yelling at someone who's grieving for their sister! Then you have the nerve to bring her parents here? Without seeing what kind of mental state I was in first? What kind of parental figure are you supposed to be? I wish my parents had never died, that way I wouldn't be stuck here living with an insensitive fuck-face I call an Uncle!" By now, I was enraged, I caught my breath after that long speech and found myself toe-to-toe with my uncle, my finger pointed at his chest and my nose awfully close to his. I instantly removed my finger from his chest, and backed away from him, looking at the scene I had created. Vincent and Fletcher were staring wide-eyed at me, their jaws dropped as the Taylor's had a similar look on their faces.

"I'm sorry Uncle Brian, I didn't mean that last part, it's just, there's no other way to describe what you just did other than the fact that it was a dick move." I stuttered, climbing back onto my bunk bed and staring out of the window. It stayed silent for a few minutes, no one moved or even breathed until they heard Uncle Brian sigh.

"I'm sorry too Bambi. I just hate seeing you like this. I thought that bringing them here would bring you some closure. But you have to get out of the house today, I won't let you stay inside for another minute, sulking in your guilt," he told me. This was usually the norm for me and Brian. He'd piss me off, I'd blow up on him, or he'd blow up on me and then we'd apologized to each other, it's how our odd relationship worked. But I still refuse to go outside.

"I'm not ready yet Uncle Brian," I snapped, messing with my hair as he stared me down.

"What would it take for you to come outside?" he groaned, knowing how stubborn I was and that he couldn't get me outside even if he physically picked me up and took me there.

I had to sit there and think, really think about what I wanted. Freedom? No, I don't really care about that, I'll leave whenever the hell I want to. A car? No, I had a motorcycle. Money? I don't care about that. What do I not have that would give me an edge or an advantage in this village?

And just like that, it hit me.

"Train me with the boys, teach me how to fight so I can kill those hideous mutts they call werewolves."

***********************************************HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!