Chapter 22

The walk to the house was filled with awkward silence. Michael held Bria in his arms, her little head on his shoulders. Valentina followed a little way behind them trying to avoid Michael's intense gaze.

She had glanced at the clock on our way out. Ten thirty, shit!

"I told you to be home before ten!" Michael shouted as he walked into her room. He had just put Bria to bed, and she stood there with her mouth slightly, agape looking at him. Valentina had already changed into a pink silk robe and was pulling her curls into a ponytail, she keep fumbling at it so that she could have something to do with her hands.

"What, you have nothing to say?" He asked

"I lost track of time," she replied, her voice low as she tried to avoid eye contact with him. His eyes were spitting fire, and she hated to feel it burn.

"You lost track of time, that's rich." He mocked " because what I saw you were so busy talking to whoever the fuck that was."

"He's Rose and Antony's son."

"So that's why you were so eager to go? That's is why you fail to mention my invitation, because Valentina I wouldn't peg you as someone who wants to fuck someone else, while pregnant with another man's baby. He sneered with disgust at her. She wanted to cry at his words, they stung with the amount of malice he intended behind it.

"I didn't even know he was going to be there. Rose told me it was just her and her husband." she said softly, tears were already threatening to fall.

"I don't believe you!" He yelled causing her to take a step back, her back hit the edge of the dresser. Michael took a step forward and paused at the sheer terror that grips her face.

Valentina grabbed her stomach, as a sharp pain shot through her. The pain was sudden and it railed through her body, she held on to the dresser with her free hand. The tears that she tried to hold in ran freely down her cheeks as she started hyperventilating.

Michael stood there for a second, his brows knitted together, and then it got wide as he rushed to her.

"Valentina, what's wrong? Tell me what's wrong!" His voice hitched as he searched her face for answers. Valentina tried mouthing words, but the pain was so unbearable. The only thing that was in her mind was that she was having a miscarriage.

"Hospital," she whispered through the violent contractions that coursed through her body with those words Michael held the side of her cheeks.

"No, baby, no!" His eyes searched her, and he picked her up, he wrapped one of his arms under her bottom and placed her arm around his shoulders.

"Adele," Michael yelled and the woman came out from her room with wide eyes.

"Keep an eye on Bria, I'm taking Valentina to the hospital."

"Yes, Sir," she replied as she looked at them concerned. She looped her arms around Michael's neck as he walked with a rapid pace to his car in the garage by now the pain was growing stronger and through gritted teeth, she wimped softly as she rubbed her stomach in an effort to soothe the pain. Michael placed Valentina into the passage seat of his car, and pulled the seatbelt over her, he took one more concerned glance before rushing to the driver's seat and starting the engine. His car roared to life and the garage door automatically lifted as he sped through the gate.

"Breath," he said as he rested his free hand on her thigh, and started rubbing back and forth in an effort to make her feel more comfortable.

"This is not supposed to happen, I'm only five months. Babies don't survive at five months." she cried