Chapter 15

"I know it was too good to be true," Michael said, his eyes burning. He picked up the phone at her feet and threw it against the wall with all his strength causing it to explode into millions of pieces. Valentina flinched slowly backing away from him to gain some distance. The anger radiated from his body like a heatwave burning her with its intensity.

"Michh," she stuttered and he drew his hand back, slapping her across her cheek. The pain was sharp, unlike anything she ever felt in her life. She instantly grabbed her cheek as hot tears streamed down her face.

"What were you doing in here, Valentina?" he asked walking closer to her making the room around her so tight that even if he was to hit her again. She would not be able to run, to dodge. She couldn't breathe and her knees felt wobbly. The explanation she had in her mind evaporated and her eyes were open wide as she tried thinking of a way to save herself.

She couldn't speak, couldn't think of anything, a shiver sliced up her spine like fire. Michael raised his hand at her again just this time it did not land on her cheeks. She felt it around her neck, she yelled, her fingernails scraping at his hands.

"What have you done? I had already forgiven you," "I would have given you the night skies if you wished it, Valentina." he yelled each word as his hand became more forceful he was blinded by rage. His hate-filled eyes seem so absent as if his soul wasn't there anymore just rage. "Why can't you stay with me? Did you even love me? He continued tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Please," is all she managed to say. she was beginning to lose control of her legs and felt herself swaying and almost faded into black when they heard footsteps approaching his office and the door being flung open. Michael turned to face the door and she felt the pressure released from her neck. Valentina gasped loudly trying to inhale as much air as possible as she fell to her feet. She managed to make out Sylva's silhouette but the room was spinning so fastly. She felt as if she could vomit all over the floor.

"What is it?" Michael demanded his voice boomed causing her to clench into herself even more.

"It's Bria," she said breathlessly. Valentina mind made out her child's name and she was instantly alert but her body wouldn't cooperate.

"She stopped breathing, Benito is giving her CPR and the ambulance is on the way," she wheezed and Michael ran almost pulling the door off the hinges to Bria's room. Sylva followed him and Valentina was left in the room trying to gain enough strength to stand up straight. She used the edge of the table to pull herself up, the room was still spinning but Bria was the only thing on her mind. She started walking as fast as her wobble legs can take her.

My baby, my precious baby, lord please if you are up there. Don't take my child she begged as she walked to her room the paramedics were already there by the time she reached and Bria was on a stretcher an airbag ventilator was in her mouth and one of the paramedics a young man with bright red hair was gently squeezing as they wheeled her out of her room.

"Bria!" she yelled her throat tight and painful, she couldn't see straight as hysteria came over her. She ran up to her stretcher and she felt strong arms pulled her back as she slammed into a hard into Michael.

"Let go of me."she wailed the stretcher was moving further away

"My baby, my baby. Please I have to go to my baby," she screamed all so painful, her throat burned and Michael turned her to face him. His eyes were red but he stood there calm as she started hitting him on his chest to let her go.

"Sylva take Valentina to her room and make sure she stays there," he said and Sylva took hold of her and tried pulling Valentina towards her. She pulled back.

"Michael please, don't do this to me. I need to be with my baby. Please, let me go with her. I am her mother. My baby needs me." she cried as Michael looked at her without emotion, his jaw tight as he turned again to follow the paramedics. She used all the strength she had to completely pull away from Sylva and run to Michael grabbing a hold of the sleeve of his shirt.