Chapter 6

"Where is my fucking daughter?" Valentina asked with enough courage to show she wasn't afraid of him, she had been in a mafia family before. You never show you are afraid. Even though she wanted to piss her fucking pants.

"She's safe, she's with her father." He replied nonchalantly he pressed the engine button and her car roared to life. Was he following her all along? How didn't she realize she was being followed by those pictures in the boxes? They were coming from her house too. Michael was watching her every move for how long?

"I want my daughter," Valentina screamed in the car. Blondie pulled his gun from his side and pointed it at her.

"Be quiet!" she looked at the gun before turning away, anger was making her stupid and she tried calming herself.

"What are you going to do, shoot me?" she knew Michael as much as she aggravated Blondie here he wouldn't be able to put a finger on her. If Michael wanted to hurt her he would do it himself. Michael would want to put his fingers around her neck slowly putting pressure watching as her eyes bulged as she gasped for breath. He's vicious that way. Valentina must admit when she first met him she found it sexy, but now being on the other side of his brooding wrath makes her feel nauseated.

"Do you have a cigarette?" she asked Blondie. His eyes were on the highway ahead but he slanted his head ever so slightly, to look at Valentina raising his brows quizzically.

"Thought you quit years ago." He replied she turned to him and her mouth dropped slightly as how did you know that? The question etched out on her face, he answered her before she could ask.

"We have your medical file." He mentioned

"Well, you know my daughter isn't very healthy. She needs her medicine at four o'clock and I have it in my bag." she sneered at him.

"There is medicine where she's at. Her father knows her medical history."

"Would you stop calling him that!" she shouted he looked at her with his sharp eyes.

"No, one is going to hear me we are on a fucking highway!!" Valentina wanted to cry, scream and the car was beginning to feel so small. She wants to open the car door and jump out in the moving traffic. Michael is going to hurt her, she thought she was sure he would do it slowly.

She needed to see her Bria for one last time. That is what keeps her from jumping out of this car or taking his gun and shooting herself.

"Can I please have a fucking cigarette!" He shoved his hand in his coat pocket and pulled out his pack placing it in front of her. Marlboro Gold. What's up with Mafia guys and Marlboro? That's all Micheal ever smoked. Taking the cigarette from the pack, she watched him intently.

"It's not going to light itself!" she stated causing him to let out a chuckle.
He handed her his lighter and she lit it. She rolled down the window so that the smoke could leave the car. Valentina stared at the scenery as she pulled on her cigarette. Thinking this would be the last she probably would be seeing of this place, this world.
She's going to be dead soon and all she can think about is her sweet Bria, her severe asthma. The things she did to keep her safe even before she heard her heartbeat. The bridge she burned, shooting her husband just so she can offer her a life free from violence.

Valentina didn't want that life for her, she wanted her to be free, not a Mafia boss's daughter where she has to be under constant security because of the threat from other rival gangs.

She kept pulling at her cigarette as Blondie took a sharp turn into a private airport.

Guess, I am heading back to the East Coast, she thought. In the airport, there was a lone private jet where Blondie parked her car a few feet from the private jet, and he just looked at her indicating it was time for her to get out.