Chapter 14

Bria had found her way into her bed in the morning, it was Saturday and she had no obligations just to snuggle next to Valentina in bed like they always did when they were in California.

Valentina had her hands wrapped around her feeling her breathing close to her. It felt labored and she wondered about her health. She knew Sylva was taking good care of her, she asked her every day about her medication and breathing pattern much to her displeasure.

Sylva would always fuss at her while drinking her coffee saying that she knows how to raise children and practically raised Michael since he was a baby.

Valentina was surprised Michael allowed Bria to snuggle up to her this morning. He had left a while ago since he had a busy schedule even on a Saturday.

"When I return we will take the private jet and go to Paris and have dinner at Le Chateaubriand," Michael said to her before he left. They had their first date at Le Chateaubriand he had surprised her and taken her there, a girl who never even set foot in a commercial airplane.

"I didn't mean so far Michael." she protested

"You said we need to reconnect why not reconnect in the restaurant we shared our first kiss." and what a kiss it was she remembered it vividly her crimson-stained lips and his tasting like champagne.

"I will be returning around 6 pm you need to be ready by then, we will be leaving promptly and return on Sunday where we will spend the whole day making love in bed." he pulled her close and kissed her on the lips.

What to wear really? Valentina thought as she chewed on her lips standing in her closet full of pink dresses and sweaters. Why did she even like pink so much? She passed her hands through the many clothes hangers. She pulled out a pink form-fitting body con dress with a low cut neckline and a white chunky heel pump and a white fur coat.

Then spent some time on her hair and makeup taking the blow dryer and blowing it until it was silky and so bouncy. She wore subtle makeup with a glossy pink lip. Usually, she would have had a glam squad doing all of these tedious things for her five years ago. She looked at herself in the mirror, she cannot believe it, she looked like a completely different person since giving birth to Bria, she would normally wear big baggy clothes, no makeup, and messy hair. She never thought she would see herself looking like a perfect mafia queen ever again and here she was. Valentina looked at the clock, almost six.

"Wow, mommy you look really pretty like one of my barbie dolls," Bria said as her eyes lit up when her mother walked into the kitchen. She was having an early dinner with her plate fill of dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets. Valentina perked her eyebrows at it and Sylva sighed.

"She insisted on having it even after I told her it was not healthy." and she giggled she was lucky Michael was not here to see Bria munching away at those vile things he called them. That was her fault. she supposed it was cheap and she loved them so Valentina used to give her it regularly.

"Thank you, love," she said finally addressing Bria and she came close to her giving her a small peck on her cheeks.

"Do you want one mommy?" she asked, dangling the breaded snack next to her without care for her white coat, she shook her head.

"Where are you going mommy?" she asked while dipping a nugget in the tomato sauce.

"She's going on a date with daddy," Michael said, causing Valentina to jump. She didn't even notice him enter the kitchen. He was eying her up and down with a wicked grin, He walked closer to them inspecting Bria's plate.

"I insisted," she beamed and he smiles and kissed on her cheeks

"Your mom looks beautiful," he told her and Valentina blushed