40

The last time here, I was anything but happy. But right now, standing here and looking right into this magical view of nature, I was nothing but happy.

I smiled, holding his hand a bit tighter and he opened them, interlocking his fingers with mine. We've held hands before, but never entwined our fingers like this. Maybe that's what sent a tingling sensation into me

"This is nice." I said in a low tone, with a hint of a smile as we sat down, letting the water brush our feet.

"Glad you feel that way. I wasn't sure if you'll be happy or sad about this place. But that day, you were so relaxed the moment you were here. So, I thought..." He trailed off and I turned to see him look at me with concern in his eyes.

"No, you're right. This place is so..." I looked around, taking it in. "..calm and soothing. Relaxing, as you said."

"Are you cold?" He asked when I crossed my arms and I shook my head.

"No, I like cold."

"I won't mind until you freeze then." He muttered, making me chuckle.

"So kind of you."

"Yeah," he snorted a laugh as he moved in closer and leaned back, shifting his weight onto his open palms, placed flat on the wooden pier we were sitting on.

I followed his gaze to the sky and my lips curled into an amused smile.

It was beautiful!

He pulled me back slowly until we were lying down. He had his arm beneath my head, making a hard yet soft pillow for me.

It was literally like a portrait, the sky. Looking like an elegant dark velvet, on which someone sprinkled beautiful, shiny silver paint drops.

"It's beautiful," I said or more like whispered, mesmerized by its beauty.

"Hmm, it is amazing."

We said nothing for the next few minutes, just kept staring at the beautiful view above us. Who knew staring at something would be this amazing?

I tilted my head closer to him and saw him smile.

"I don't know if I'm making you bored, but tell me if you are, because I'm enjoying this."

I turned fully into him, bending my knees as I spoke, "Do you think I'm bored? You're wrong Mr Smith. Because I'd like to stay here for the whole night."

"Whole night?" He raised his eyebrows, a smirk working its way on to his face.

"I said I'd like to, not I will. I've two little brothers waiting for me at home." I said and he smiled widely, his fingers drawing circles on my arm.

"Can I ask you someth- or probably not." He shook his head with a grimace and looked back at the sky.

"What?"

"Oh, that's nothing. Wow, that star is extra beautiful."

"Oh, yeah?" Hiding something, huh? Playing with the master?

He closed his eyes, grinning sheepishly.

"Ask me what?" I poked him and he sighed.

"That, can I call you Ivy?"

I stared plainly at him. Call me Ivy?

"Don't tease." He added quickly. "I always wanted to call you that. I like it more than Eve."

Now that I think of it, he never called me Eve. It was Evelyn all the time.

"But I understand you don't want to. I know only a few people call you that, people who are so close to you, so no worries. It just came out at the moment." He gave a sheepish grin again. "I just love Ivy more than Eve."