35

"Oh. My. God!"

Sophie said, her voice nothing more than a whisper.

"Yes! That's the same words I've been using since yesterday." I yawned, walking.

Yesterday, after Jake dropped me off with a smug smile, I knew he understood my obvious 'oh my god' face. I went in, showered for maybe an hour or two, said goodnight to boys and rolled onto my bed.

But my eyes refused to close and my mind refused to stop thinking.

I kept on worrying and thinking about that stupid thing for hours until my mind caved in and drifted into sleep.

So, sleepy was an underrated term to use this morning. Because I was barely awake, walking like a zombie.

"I can't believe, Ivy!" She groaned.

I grimaced. She only called me Ivy either when she's so happy or so mad at me. I didn't know which one she was right now.

"Neither do I. How could I? This is insane. I shouldn't have a crush on him." I sighed.

"Your crush? Girl, I'm stuck at the fact that he likes you. Tyler likes you!"

I said nothing. Because I didn't have anything to say.

"And oh my! All this time I teased about you two, I never thought it'd happen! I mean I did, but I never thought you'd admit that. Because, you know, it's you and you'd keep it as an eternal secret or something." She said and I could clearly visualise her shrug.

I was silent again. Words weren't coming to me.

"Oh god! This is fun." She giggled.

She freaking giggled!

"I swear if you were here right now, I'd have smashed your face into this wall." I absentmindedly pointed at the wall beside me and a little girl, standing behind it, giggled.

"Come on," she laughed this time, "You were teasing me yesterday, now look how the tables have turned."

"I'm hanging up."

"Oh, you won't. Now come on, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I literally have no idea. I'm going to hide from him."

"That's what you kept doing in the past. You can't hide from him every day." She said and I knew it was true.

"Just go to Tyler and tell him."

"I'm not sure."

"Confession time!" She cheered and I sighed.

"This is crazy."

"Love is crazy, sweetheart."

"What? This isn't love! It's just a crush!" I protested.

"You said it wasn't, you said you like him."

Urgh! Why did I say everything to her?

"Both are different." I said through clenched teeth and she laughed.

"Yeah, it is. Now let my mind absorb these facts." She sighed and I bet she's smiling. "Reached college yet?"

"Two more steps."

"Good luck! Hey, did you tell Sasha about Tyler's love?" She asked. They were like virtual best friends with a common link. Me.

"No. It isn't love, you Idiot."

"Okay, fine. I'm going. Bye!" She laughed again before hanging up.

I sighed, clutching my bag tighter and walked straight to my locker, but turned quickly when I saw Tyler and his friends on the same floor.