25

"So...they're leaving tomorrow, aren't they?"

"Yeah." He replied with a slight nod.

"They're so..."

Welcoming? Friendly? Nice?

"Annoying?" Zack suggested and I smiled.

"Not even a bit. They're really good."

"I'm impressed. Normally everyone finds them nosy and annoying, mostly because Seth and Justin always meddle in everything." He smirked, running fingers through his hair as he leaned onto the railing.

"They're a bunch of awesome people."

"That's my girl!" I was startled by the sound that came out of nowhere.

It was Justin.

"What're you doing here?" Zack's voice was tight and Justin just smirked.

"You cheater, you were trying to bitch about us, weren't you? And Evelyn, I knew you were an angel." He sighed and flew me a kiss.

I was confident that I was not blushing. Slightly confident.

"Weren't you supposed to be sleeping?" Zack asked again, this time with a forced smile.

"Yeah, I was looking for boys and-" he was cut off by a howl from Seth.

"We were going to watch a movie." Seth wrapped an arm around Justin's neck and pulled him back. And suddenly Caleb and Dean were there too.

"Oh yeah? Yeah. You two coming?" He turned to us with raised eyebrows.

I didn't have to answer. Justin started listing movies we should watch and was already beckoning me to join them.

We went straight to the basement. And that basement was more luxurious than my bedroom.

Everything was ready, blankets, pillows, chips...They were ready to spend the night here, I guess.

Without informing me and Sasha, though.

"Have a seat, Madame." Seth jumped onto the bean bag as Dean did the same.
"Zack, get me a coke."

Zack stood still at the entrance, arms crossed, glaring and finally, Seth sighed. "Please?"

He murmured something, shaking his head and disappeared. I sat near Liam on the couch as Seth started attacking a poor bag of chips.

"Here," Zack threw the can at him and flopped down beside me.

"You guys decided what to watch yet?"

"Any horror movie." Seth rushed before anyone could speak.

And that's how I ended up, biting my lips hard and fidgeting my hands in the dark, watching someone brutally rip off some poor guy's head.

"You aren't afraid, are you?" Seth hissed, maintaining the horror atmosphere and I looked at him.

Of course, I was afraid. Can't he see that?

I know ghosts aren't real but somehow killing and harming someone gets me. Mom used to say that I'm a very sensitive person and an emotional fool.

Turns out I am. She morphed me into a complete fool.

"I'm not." I smiled at him but cringed the next moment when that guy's organs came out. "Uh, maybe a bit."

"I expected you to scream and latch on to something." He sighed.

That got me laughing amidst the horror. Was he expecting a scream or squeak?