19. Date Me For A Day

Zzzz....zzzz...

The vibration of his cellphone woke Sky. With half closed eyes, he groped his phone on the bedside table and turned off the alarm. It was already seven thirty. Sighing with irritation, he turned around to wake Narong, but seeing his peacefully sleeping face, he dropped the idea, wanting to watch the handsome face of the boy he loved secretly.

Sky had no idea why Narong showed up at his door at six am or what happened to him on the way, but he realized that he didn't care about anything other than having Narong close to him. He detached himself from the never ending drama of their daily lives and felt like a free soul.

It won't do much harm to miss a day, he thought while gently pushing Narong's soft bangs from his eyes. The junior stirred a bit in his sleep and unconsciously pulled the bewildered senior closer, hugging his thin waist.

Nothing can make me leave the bed right now, today is mine... ours only.

***

Narong opened his eyes two hours later, feeling something heavy on his chest. Looking down with drowsy eyes, he saw it was Sky's head. Smiling softly, Narong caressed his beloved senior's hair. He had no idea how they ended up in that position, but he didn't care at all. The senior was safe and sound in his embrace and that was the only thing mattered. When Narong left his house, it wasn't his intention to sleep beside Sky without asking him anything, but after seeing him having an attack, Narong realized how much he actually loved the senior, and the rest could wait.

Slowly, he shifted Sky's head from his chest to the pillow and got out of the bed. From the light coming through the window, he already knew they were late for the class, so he decided not to wake the exhausted senior, but rather buy breakfast. He freshened up, grabbed his wallet and the bag he put his bloodied pyjamas in, and went out.

Five minutes after Narong went out, Sky woke up, feeling cold. He sat straight on the bed, his eyes frantically searched for the junior who was nowhere to be found. He hit the bed with his clenched fists with disappointment.

"I shouldn't have slept back... Can I not even have a single day for my heart?!" He yelled at the empty room. Then he buried his head under the blanket, deciding not to leave the bed for the entire day.

As he was under the blanket, he didn't hear the door being opened slowly. Narong put the bags onto the table silently and went towards the bed to wake the senior.

"Phi?" He was confused as the senior was completely covered under the blanket.

"You came back?!" Sky emerged under the bed and grabbed Narong's arm.

"What's wrong?" The confused junior asked, seeing his puffy eyes.

"I thought you left."

"I went to buy us breakfast," Narong comforted the agitated senior and pulled him out of the bed, "let's eat, you should be hungry."

Sky nodded with an indistinct smile and let Narong pull him to the table. They started to eat in silence until Sky realized something.

"What did you call me a minute ago?"

"Phi, why?"

"It is the first time you called me phi," Sky smiled at him warmly, making Narong blushed profusely.

"Do you remember the time I told you that you owe me once?" Sky asked out of blue, being encouraged by Narong's blushing.

Narong thought for a second and nodded, "when I caused your wrist to sprained."

This time it was Sky's turn to nod, "I want to use that card now," he said with a serious tone.

Narong frowned, "for what?" he asked hesitantly.

"I don't want you to ask me any question or vice versa," he took a deep breath, contemplating on how to say what he wanted, "date me for a day." Well, he didn't plan to put it that bluntly, but his words betrayed him.

"What?!" The water spilled from Narong's mouth.

Sky's heart sank, seeing the petrified expression on Narong's face. Was it that repugnant to date him? Then why did he agree to sleep beside him, kiss his hair and said he loved him?

"Forget about it," the words left his mouth painfully.

"No!" Narong scratched his head, "I mean yes, I will do what you wish as I am indebted, right?"

"No," Sky said firmly, "I won't force you to do something you are disgusted with." He stood up to go back to his bed as he was hurt.

Suddenly, Narong grabbed his arm and pulled him to his lap. Then, he circled his arms around the appalled senior and put his head on his shoulder.

"I am very bad with my words, you already know it. I was just appalled, hearing those words from you," he kissed his hair to show him that he wasn't disgusted, "there is nothing I want more than to date you...even if it is only for a day."

The agitated senior came back to life again, his face lit up, "really?"

Narong gave another kiss to his silky hair, "really, but you have to give me some clothes until I buy something."

"No problem," Sky beamed, "I have some oversized clothes that you can fit in," he jumped on his feet and rushed to the drawers to find them.

Narong looked at him bewilderedly as he never saw the senior this happy before. And it was all because they were going on a date! Although Narong managed to hide it better than Sky, he was equally excited. He had butterflies in his stomach for the first time in his life. The words 'only for a day' wanted to buzz inside his head, but Narong hushed it. He was determined not to let anything spoil the day.

Entire day with his senior... It was a dream come true...