5. Helping You... Why?

Narong didn't understand how it happened, but they were sitting with Sky on his usual bench. For the first time, the freshmen didn't have any assignments that they couldn't solve, so they were just having a chit-chat.

Well, actually it was Sky who was telling them funny stories about the Faculty of Medicine and the others were laughing with tears in their eyes, except Narong who was trying his best not to laugh. He pretended as if he was reading his book, not interested in the hilarity. But actually, his attention was solely on the senior, secretly watching his cute reddened face because of the laughter he shared with the freshmen.

Sky is the complete opposite of P'Lek, he thought. His brother was very shy in nature, so it was impossible for him to be the center of attention.Therefore, when he said he found a friend in the university, the whole family was shocked, his father even thought that Sky was pretending to be Lek's friend because they were rich. However, Sky proved him wrong as he became Lek's bestfriend for three years, at least it was what they thought until Lek's suicide.

"P'Sky, you seem to like the faculty a lot, then why did you change your major?" Apple asked, drawing Narong's attention to the conversation.

Hearing the question, the smile on Sky's face was wiped off. He looked at his hands on the table for a second, then said "I noticed that medicine wasn't for me."

What?! Medicine wasn't for him?!

Narong felt anger engulfing him. Was it the reason why Lek jumped? Because Sky was leaving the faculty, leaving Lek behind?

"Wasn't it hard to leave all your friends behind?" Narong found himself asking with a cold tone.

"I didn't leave many friends behind," Sky answered softly, his eyes still fixed on his hands.

If Narong wasn't that agitated, probably he could analyze Sky's words better. But it wasn't the case, otherwise the story wouldn't get that much complicated.

But Narong interpreted in a way that it heated up his desire for revenge. He wanted Sky to be left alone, not loved or respected... like he did to his brother.

Then let's see how much you love teaching...

***

Unlike Lek, Narong was very sociable. He also had a great ability for convincing others which he didn't refrain himself from using whenever he needed. Like that day. Without even being aware, a group of medical students were sitting on Sky's usual bench, forcing him to sit on the one which was slightly under the Sun.

The first part: checked!

Narong continued with the second part; convincing them to ask Sky's help for the upcoming quiz. He started to tell his classmates that Sky knew all the possible questions, and kept sending whoever he saw to Sky's bench.

You surely can't have that much patience, right? Narong said inwardly with a sinister smile on his face.

But to his dismay, apparently Sky was pretty patient. For the next hour, he never said no to anyone, repeating the same stuff over and over again with a smile on his face.

In front of the unexpected scene, Narong chewed the potato chips harshly, taking out his anger from the poor chips.

Another half an hour and Narong crashed the empty coke can before throwing it to the bin. However, after a few more minutes, he noticed a change in the senior.

For almost two hours, Sky was sitting under the Sun, trying to help the desperate juniors. He was so dedicated to the task that he didn't even have time to eat his sandwich like he didn't have time in the morning for breakfast as he was late.

As hunger and the heat weren't a good combination, it didn't last long for Sky to feel dizzy and the edges of his vision darkened a bit. Being afraid to make the juniors panic, Sky didn't say anything rather shook his head in an attempt to regain his vision.

However, his attempt was in vain as there was a pair of eagle eyes solely focused on him. Seeing the senior getting paler and losing his focus, Narong noticed the condition of Sky and rushed to the senior.

"That's all for today," the tall figure said with authority, leaving no space for an argument. Then, he gathered Sky's stuff and dragged him away, not listening to the whimpering senior. Probably Narong wouldn't even look at the dragged figure if he didn't realize that Sky was swaying and had difficulty with following his fast pace.

"What now?" Narong almost shouted while turning around to look at the senior.

Unwittingly, Sky clenched on Narong's arm, trying to find his balance, "I am... dizzy," he managed to say in between his panting.

"Damn, I am sorry," Narong finally realized why in the first place he rushed to the senior. He already knew Sky wasn't feeling well, yet he forced him to keep up with his pace. As a result, now the senior looked as if he was on the verge of fainting.

He grabbed both arms of the senior and placed him under a tree carefully. Then took a bottle of juice from his bag, opened the tap and handed to Sky, "drink this."

Sky gladly accepted the drink and gulped down half of it.

"You haven't had lunch, I will get you something to eat," Narong stood up to go to the cafeteria.

"No need, I have a sandwich in my bag," Sky stopped him with a frown. How come Narong knew that he didn't have lunch yet? Was he watching him? If so, why?

Narong got Sky's bag from the grass and opened it to get the sandwich. But before the sandwich, he saw two boxes of medicine. "What are these for?" he asked with curiosity, showing the medicine.

Suddenly, Sky grabbed the bag from Narong's grip, saying "nothing important."

Seeing his reaction, Narong knew that it wasn't something unimportant, but he didn't insist. He rather sat next to Sky, watching him nibbling his sandwich.

"Better?"

Sky nodded "thank you."

"Why didn't you just tell them that you felt sick?" Narong blurted out, "why are you acting nice all the time?"

Sky was aghast. His eyes got bigger for a second before he let out a pained chuckle. "Would you believe me if I said I didn't want to make them panic more than they already were, that I don't feign?

Narong nodded in a sneering way, mocking the sincerity of Sky.

"Don't you think you are really contradictory?" It was Sky's turn to make Narong aghast.

"What do you mean?" Narong asked with confusion.

"I mean, you obviously don't like me, yet you always help me," the senior said directly without beating around the bush.

Narong was taken aback, hearing the senior. Unfortunately, Sky was right, he was very contradictory. He wanted to avenge his brother, but he didn't want Sky to get hurt physically, he didn't know why but his heart hurt whenever he saw the senior injured or sick, so at the end he always ended up helping him.

The revelation didn't make Narong happy. He doesn't deserve my help, Lek is cursing me for being nice to his traitor, he said inwardly, giving himself a mental slap.

"Well," Narong started after a long pause, "it is true that I hate you because I know you are just a two-faced bastard, and I helped you only because of the Hippocratic oath," he said coldly.

Seeing the hatred in his eyes, Sky felt a shiver in his spine. He already knew Narong didn't like him, but the word 'hate' broke his heart. Sighing, he stood up, "in this case, I won't bother you anymore. Don't worry, I will do my best not to show up in front of you," he said softly, and walked away from Narong.

Narong kept looking at Sky's disappearing figure with a heavy heart. Suddenly, he regretted choosing those harsh words, seeing the senior genuinely hurt.

"What the hell is wrong with me?! I did good, he deserved it!" he said aloud, but the words didn't make him feel any better.