18. The Panic Attack

"Narong?"

Seeing how cute the senior looked with that messy hair and oversized sleeping clothes, Narong felt the words left his brain. Awkwardly, he raised his hand to gesture a hi, but unfortunately he chose the injured arm, and seeing the bloody arm, Sky froze on his spot.

His body got cold and he started to gasp for air as the pictures of Lek's death filled his mind.

"Sky!" Narong darted forward and caught the senior's falling body. Sky struggled in his arms, but Narong didn't let him go as he knew Sky was having a panic attack. He carefully made Sky sit on the floor before sitting behind him. Then he pulled him into a tight hug, pressing his back onto his chest.

"Shh, calm down, you are okay... breathe with me... I am here, nobody can hurt you... breathe..."

He kept repeating to Sky's ear while patting his chest gently with his uninjured arm. He was terrified, seeing the senior in that condition, but he had no time to spare for himself as Sky needed him the most. They sat in that position for a long while until Sky's stiff body loosened bit by bit and his breathing was back to normal.

"Lek?" Sky whispered with apparent tiredness in his voice.

"I am here, don't worry," Narong didn't correct him because he noticed Sky was still disoriented. So, he kept patting him.

"Narong?"

Narong sighed in relief as Sky seemed to gain his senses back. "It is me, are you okay?"

Sky nodded weakly, "it should be my question, what happened to your arm?" He asked concernedly while shifting in his position to look at Narong's arm, but Narong grabbed his chin, preventing him from looking at it.

"Don't look, I don't want you to relapse," Narong said softly.

"But..."

"It is not that serious, I can handle myself while you are resting," Narong cut him. Then he stood up, pulling Sky as well while still holding his chin to be sure Sky won't see the blood. Slowly, he guided the exhausted senior to the bed and laid him down.

"Don't open your eyes until I tell you," Narong covered Sky with the blanket.

Suddenly, Sky put his hand on Narong's hand, trapping it between his cold hand and the blanket. "The first-aid kit is in the bathroom and there are clean clothes in the first drawer," he said, his eyes closed.

Narong felt that the senior's hand was still trembling, so he turned his hand around and held his hand. Caressing his fingers with his thumb, Narong said "thank you, I will be back in a minute." Reluctantly, he released Sky's hand and rushed to the bathroom after getting a basic black t-shirt and matchy shorts.

He treated the small wounds on his arm quickly, then took off his ruined pyjamas and stuffed them into a plastic bag to throw away. Checking his legs, he saw they didn't get hurt, so he wore Sky's clothes quickly and left the bathroom with some wetted toilet paper.

"What are you doing?" Sky asked when he saw Narong knelt on the floor where he held Sky in his arms.

"Cleaning blood stains, so you won't see them," Narong replied matter-of-factly and continued with his cleaning.

Sky watched his figure with so much untold emotions in his heart. How could it be possible not to fall for him when he was this gentle and thoughtful? Sky knew that Narong was the right person for him. Also, he was the only person who managed to pull him out of his panic attack without medication. Even his mom couldn't...

"Come here," the words spilled from Sky's mouth unwittingly.

"What's wrong?" Narong rushed to the bed, but not before tossing the papers in his hand to the bin.

Narong's worry for himself as well as his attentiveness for his phobia melted Sky. Just for one day... Just for one day, he wanted to indulge himself... Could he?

"What's wrong?" Narong asked again with worry as the senior was looking at him dreamily.

"Nothing," Sky pulled Narong onto the bed, "let's sleep for a while, aren't you tired?"

Narong stood up on his elbow, looking at Sky with shock. He would never guess Sky would say something like that after all those things Narong did to him. What if he was disoriented again and not recognized with whom he was talking?

"Do you know who I am?" He asked with fear in his heart.

"I know who you are, Narong, but I don't want to care about it for a while," Sky answered honestly.

Hearing his words, Narong smiled contentedly. "It is a wonderful plan, then please don't care about my actions as well," he said while pulling Sky into his arms, scooping him from behind. The latter went stiff for a second, but then put his hand on Narong's bandage. Gently caressing them, he asked "does it hurt? What happened?"

"No, it doesn't," Narong kissed his fluffy hair, "let's sleep, I will tell you later."

"Okay," Sky murmured in daze as he was trying to be sure if the kiss was real. Sky knew that Narong had a strong sense of protectiveness, but would he go that further as to kiss his hair if he didn't feel anything for him?

"I love you."