Prologue

"You aren't coming to school today, right?" the third-year medical student, Lek asked his best friend, Sky, over the phone.

"No, I still have a fever," replied the other third-year medical student, "why, did you miss me already?"

There was a silence at the other end of the line, then Lek replied "you are the one who will miss me, sorry..."

Hearing the uneasy tone of his best friend, Sky felt a slight panic. "Just for a day I won't see you. Why are you acting like this?"

"I know," the answer was forced, "I just want you to know that you are my one and only friend. See you then," Lek hung up the phone before Sky could say anything.

The boy with the serious fever kept looking at the phone. His mind was in chaos. He already knew that Lek hated the Faculty of Medicine and recently, he was acting a bit weird, maybe because of the upcoming exam period. Therefore, Sky jumped out of the bed, but the sudden move made him dizzy, so he leaned on the bed for a second to gain his balance back and rushed to his car to go to the university, still wearing his pyjamas.

The road took twenty minutes as usual but for Sky it felt like years. As he had a very bad feeling about Lek's behaviour, when he arrived at the faculty, he didn't even park his car, rather rushed to the classroom where the morning class was held. However, Lek wasn't at the classroom, so Sky started running in the faculty, his eyes frantically looking for his friend.

No sight of him...

Staggering significantly, Sky rushed to the final place he could think of: the grass area behind the faculty. It was their favorite place to sit, so there was a good chance for Lek to be there, at least it was what Sky hoped.

"Lek!" he started to yell around but there was no answer.

Well, not in the word form...

Right after Sky turned around the corner, he heard a loud thud. Moving slowly towards the source of the thud with his heart beating crazily, Sky saw his best friend lying on the ground lifelessly in the middle of the pool of his own blood.

He cried out for help as loud as he could while his body was shaking tremendously. Soon, his vision also darkened and he lost his consciousness, falling near to the body of his best friend...

Miles away, a young man accidentally hit the mug which his step brother gifted him for his birthday, and it broke into a million pieces on the floor.

Looking at the pieces, the young man sighed heavily, "I should call P'Lek, it's been three days, hearing from him."