1. He Is Gone...

The same day of Lek's suicide, the young man whose mug was broken received a call from his mother and learnt about the incident. Being devastated to his very core, the young man whose name was Narong got the first plane ticket and two hours later, he was sitting on the plane, going back to his homeland.

"Would you like anything to drink?" The hostess' question broke Narong's trance. He shook his head in the negative as he wasn't in the mood. He felt the tears burning his eyes again as if he didn't cry for hours.

Although Lek wasn't his biological brother, he liked him all the same. His mother was the second wife of Lek's father. Lek's mother had died in childbirth and Lek's father managed to take care of Lek with the nannies for three years. Then, he met Narong's mother through a friend and married her in the same year when Narong was one year old. Even though they married for the sake of their children, later they fell in love, so their family was actually quite loving. Narong's mother used to tell him stories about how Lek was calling him as baby brother from the first day he saw Narong, and taking care of him when he was a baby.

It was the same for Narong, he never regarded Lek as a step brother as he loved his brother with all his heart. Lek was Narong's brother, friend, confidant... so knowing that he would no longer see him made him hysteric.

I shouldn't have gone to Australia to study, he mumbled for the nth time. Their father was very strict with them, and both Lek and Narong were a little afraid of him, so when their father announced that the boys had to continue the family job after him, they had no choice but to apply for the Faculty of Medicine. At least, he let them choose the country and the school, and that's how Lek ended up in Thailand, unwilling to leave his homeland, and Narong in Australia, seeking a little freedom.

Narong rubbed his face with irritation. How come he didn't notice Lek had some problems. Whenever, he called Lek, he was always so cheerful that Narong would never guess he was depressed or sad to the point to commit suicide.

I should have known better...

Another tear rolled down from his eye when he noticed that Lek was really gone. Hastily, he took his phone out and checked their last messages. They were mostly about the happenings in the house and his best friend. At that moment, Narong realized that his brother never talked about his school life. Were the classes too hard? Did he get bullied? How about his best friend? What was his name? S something... Sky! Where was his so-called friend when his best friend was in his darkest hour?

Narong searched the images Lek sent him and found a photo of Lek and Sky. They looked happy, smiling to the camera with their arms around each other's shoulders. It was such a contrast; Lek's slightly tan skin looked darker near the sheet-white Sky while Sky looked as if he just had two lines other than eyes with his monolid eyes with that huge smile on his face, compared to Lek's double eyelid, big eyes.

Unwittingly, Narong put his finger on his brother's jet black short hair, caressing the image. I told you that you look ugly with this haircut, but you never listened to me, he talked inwardly with the picture, this style would look better on you, he pointed at Sky's brownish fluffy hair as if the picture would hear him... as if Lek would ever hear him...