Finding Ivy Part 9

Chapter 9 

     "Who are you?" I ask searching his face, I don't recognize him. The only things that are familiar are his eyes and that ring. That ring was in two of my dreams. One with my father dying, and the other one all I could see was the guy's eyes. The same eyes I see now. 'That's not possible', I tell myself.

     "Hi, I'm Wyatt," he says searching my face like he is commenting it to memory.

     "Yeah, I kind of got that already. I want to know who you are not your name," I snap at him.

     He looks at me sheepishly. "I don't think you're ready for me to tell you exactly who I am yet. All I can tell you is that I am your protector. I knew your father, and I promised I would take care of you when he died."

     I look at him with shock. "You were supposed to take care of me? Then why did you send me here? Why didn't you just keep me with you?"

     "Don't you get it Ivy? You were safer here. Nobody knows who you are here. You could live a normal life for a little while."

     "What do you mean for a little while? I'm still living here," I say defiantly.

     "You can't stay here Ivy. It's not safe. Some people have found out what you are. Your location has been compromised. The Guild found your location, and they have scouts."

     "What are scouts, and The Guild?"

     "I'll explain The Guild later, but scouts are people they send to try to gain peoples trust. It might be someone you just met, or it might be somebody you've known for years. Somebody you consider your best-friend."

     Does he mean Tiffany? Is she one of these 'scout' people he was talking about? Who else is one? Ms. Norwood, Ethan, Cynthia and her crew? I think back to his words and remember he said it could be somebody I just met. Does that mean Aaron is one? I just met him. I start to panic and look around wildly. I don't know why I believe Wyatt. There is just something about him that just makes me trust him.

     "Ivy calm down," he says walking towards me and pulling me into a hug. I strangely feel comforted. The only people who have ever made me feel that way are Eli, Aidan, and Arlan, and that's only because they are like brothers to me. Shocked I pull back and stare at his face. He has green eyes that I see in the mirror every day. His hair is brown with a little red here and there. I remember that hair, my dad had that hair. I look at his face, he looks like he is in his mid-twenties. His facial features resemble my dad's so much he looks like a replica of him. The only thing different are the eyes. My dad didn't have those eyes.

     "You're my brother," I whisper before passing out.

****

     I was at the little park inside the compound that they made for all the children. Sitting in the sand box, my Barbie's were talking about their outfits. A shadow descended over my play area, and I looked up at the large boy smiling evilly down at me. I've seen him around the park, but he has never approached me. I figured that he knew to leave me alone, but I guess I was wrong.

     "Get up, I want to play here," he said with a sneer.

     Disgusted, I just turn my head and continue playing with my dolls. This usually worked, they usually walked away. He had different ideas though. He snatched up my Barbie and ripped her head off throwing it into the sand. I look at my dead Barbie with tears running down my eyes.

     "I'm telling!" I screamed at him.

     A frightened look passed on his face before it turned into one of scary determination. He grabbed me and made me stand up. I only reached to his shoulders. The bullies always picked on kids younger than them.

     He grabbed the collar of my shirt and got in my face. If there is one thing I couldn't stand it is when people got in my face.

     "You won't tell anybody," he said trying to look frightening. He doesn't know that what he is doing doesn't frighten me. I might only have just turned six, but I have seen things that other's haven't. I have had my own father's blood dripping down my face while I laid helplessly underneath him. I laid there for hours until somebody finally realized that I was there, that I was still alive.

     So I just looked at him bored. He wouldn't do anything that could hurt me anymore. He raised his fist about to strike me, when he was pushed to the ground. I looked up and saw Wyatt there with an angry expression on his face.

     "Leave my sister alone Quinton, or you will be having nightmares for the rest of your life. It might not sound like much, but I know your worse fear. It will slowly make you go insane Quinton. Do you want that?"

     Fright covered Quinton's face.  "N-no, Wyatt. I didn't know she was your sister. I'm so s-sorry.", he stuttered out.

     "Just don't make that mistake again. Understood?"

     "Y-yes."

     "Good now get out of here." With that Quinton ran in the opposite direction.

     I looked at Wyatt. He was only fourteen, but he still looked to much like dad. We have gotten close, now that we were actually in the same place.

     "Come on Ella. Mom wants up," he said.

****

     "Ivy? Ivy. Wake up." I hear somebody say.

     "My mommy!" another shouts.

     "Yeah kid we get it she's your mommy now get off her I think she's trying to open her eyes. She can't do that with you lying on her face."

     I feel pressure being removed from my face, and I cautiously open my eyes. The first thing I see is Eli's face inches from mine. He still has snot on his face, and it looks close to dripping on me. I quickly scoot away so his face isn't over me, and look around at the others around me. I see my family looking back at me with worried expressions on their face. They bring tears to my eyes. I can do anything, as long as these four guys are with me. My brothers.