Hunting Diana Part 4

Chapter 4

I watch her as she smirks and the urge to just finish her off surges through my body. I can’t though. I need some information out of her first; like where is Diana? I see everyone else walking towards us, trying to be sneaky. Why in the world did she come here when she knew how many people are on our side?

“Stay back. She’s mine,” I whisper. I know my voice carries to the others as they stop in their tracks.

Tilting my head to the side, I see her face go pale. Hmm, I guess she didn’t know we had been working on our powers. I’ve seen myself in the mirror and know the sight is unmanning. My regular green eyes are now a red color; my hair floats about my face like flames.

Her face becomes a mask of determination, and her body starts to shift once more. What comes out is a tiger. Shrugging, I throw a small fire ball at her. The tiger yowls at me and pounces. The weight hits me in the chest and I stagger back onto the ground.

She snaps in my face, but I manage to keep her teeth from connecting. I can hear shouting coming from behind me. I don’t look though, just in case she decides to use this as an opportunity to get the upper hand. Her large paw is pressing into my chest; all the air that usually occupies my lungs burst out.

Shouting is raining down in every direction, but nobody makes a move to help me. It’s fine though, this is exactly what I wanted, and she is about to get burned. I think of all the things she put me through. All the betrayal and lies. All the times she pretended to be my friend.

The flames cover my body, but I don’t let them touch her. I want to frighten her not hurt her, yet. Her cat eyes widen and she jumps off of me. Her shift takes longer than the last time as I watch her turn back into her normal blonde self. Chest rising rapidly up and down, she glares.

“How did you learn that?” she questions in disbelief. I can see a hint of fear in her gaze and power flows through me. I have power over her and the feeling elates me.

“None of your business. Where’s Diana?”

She shakes her head and smiles. I know what she is thinking. She thinks she has a bargaining chip since I want to know where Diana is. The thing she doesn’t seem to understand that the only choice she has is how fast she will die.

“Hmm, I’m not telling,” she replies.

I give her a chilling smile and imagine her insides burning. Her face scrunches up in pain and she lets out a terrifying shriek. Body convulsing, she leans over and begins puking up blood. I ease up a little as she crashes to the floor.

Walking closer, I get in her face before whispering, “Where is Diana?”

Tears begin flowing from her eyes as she shakes her head no. I feel no sympathy towards her; she is on the wrong side. She is against everything I stood for, and I know that if I don’t end her now, she will just come back to haunt me later.

“One more chance, Tiffany; then it’s done. Tell me where Diana is.”

Hesitation crosses her face. “She doesn’t know that I’m here. You killed him. You killed my soul mate.”

The tears became sobs and this time a twinge of sympathy shot into my head. I don’t know what I would do without Aaron. Even the thought of it makes my eyes tear up. Knowing that she is incapacitated, I look over at him for reassurance. I see him throwing himself at an invisible wall and know immediately what happened.

Wyatt is also in his own bubble while the twins smirk at the two men. An involuntary smile crosses my face, but soon fades as I realize that everyone is in here. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, but I don’t want Eli or the twins to be part of this. I don’t want them to see the destruction I cause, and I don’t want them to look at me with fright in their eyes.