Finding Ivy Part 25

Chapter 25

     Walking back towards the couch, I keep my face blank. I know they are all expecting me to freak out and demand to know what is going on, but we don’t really have time for that. The sun is inching closer to the horizon, and pretty soon it will be gone. If I am going to do anything about the stupid prophecy then I need to get rid of the bracelet.

     “What’s the plan,” I ask with a calm voice. Now is the time to be Ivy the leader not Ivy the whiney teenage girl.

     Aaron scratches the back of his head. “I think you should stay here and watch the little things and the rest of us can go.”

     I just glare at him while Chris speaks up. “I agree.”

     My glare turns towards him and he flinches back in his seat. “How about I go?” I ask them sarcastically. If they thought that they were going without me, they had another thing coming.

     “Someone needs to stay with the boys though. I don’t think it would be smart to leave them by themselves. What if one of them get kidnapped? The Guild can just use it as leverage,” Cynthia throws out. Knowing that she is right we all nod our heads.

     “I think Wyatt should stay,” I state.

     It is my turn to be on the receiving end of a glare. “And why should I be the one to stay?”

     “What are you going to do when we get there? Wait until we knock them out so you can scare them to death?”

     Aaron chuckles and sends me an approving look. “I agree with Ivy. We can use Cynthia if someone gets hurt, and the rest of us have offensive powers. It’s the most logical thing to do.”

     Wyatt stands from his chair in a rush causing it to fly backwards and hit the ground with a loud thud. “Do you really think that I am going to let Cynthia go by herself? She could get hurt; there is no way she is going!”

     Cynthia just looks down at her nails as if she is expecting every word that is coming out of Wyatt’s mouth. “Sweetie, just sit down. Plus, you know they are right, and do you really think that Ivy would let anything happen to me?”

     “No, but you’re still not going,” he huffs as he unconsciously picks up his chair and sits back down. I giggle at how whipped he is causing everyone’s eyes to turn to me.

     Clearing my throat, I say, “Okay, that’s the plan then. Wyatt, Clay, Chris, Aaron, and I will all go. Cynthia stays here with the twins and Eli. How’s that sound?”

     “Sounds good,” Wyatt says in triumph.

     “Yeah, whatever. We need to get ready it’s almost dark out and it’s about a thirty minute drive,” Clay says making us realize that none of us actually knew were we are going. He took in our expressions and began to elaborate, “They told me things, like where the base is seeing as they thought I was on their side.”

     That is the end of the conversation as we all head into different directions to get ready. Ten minutes later, all five of us are standing in the foyer with solemn expressions. We knew this would be harder than anything we have done so far. Breaking into my mother’s base is something that I never really planned on doing, but we need to get Blayze for more reasons than just the stupid bracelet.

     Making our way towards the car, I reach into myself. I already accepted my fire, but now it is time for It to accept me. Finally, as I sit in the seat of the vehicle, I can feel my fire rise in my head. I picture it dancing in the wind while it grows larger. I know that it isn’t out of my head, I just need to talk to it not catch the whole SUV on fire.