Hunting Diana Part 9

Chapter 9

My body begins to shake.  No matter how many times I attempt to stop the shaking, it will not quit.  What is it?  Who is doing this to me?  Slowly, I open my eyes.  The surroundings are blurry, but after a couple blinks, I can make out my surroundings.  The only problem is that I don’t know where I am.

The walls were a bright yellow color.  Random stuffed animals were thrown about in no particular order.  The worst part was the fact that my arms were strapped down along with my legs.  I am strapped to a bed, but at least the bed stopped shaking.  Did they honestly think they could keep me tied up with a couple leather straps?

Forming a picture of Diana’s face, I let the anger flow through me.  I don’t need anything but my emotions to conjure my fire, and Diana causes many emotions to surface.

I begin heating up until the fire licks my arms.  Nothing happens.  The straps stay intact; I guess they could keep me down with them.  Glancing around the room, the only escape I notice is the door directly across the room from me.  There is no way I would be able to go through it while bound.  Struggling got me nowhere.  The only thing it did is tire me.

Relaxing into the bed, I wait.  It does not take long until the door flings open.  A woman steps into the room, and I can feel my blood boil once more.  It is her, she is standing right there, and there is nothing I can do about it.  Or is there?

My finger flicks towards her.  A large ball of fire launches at her face, but before it could connect, she jumps out of the way with a surprised expression covering her face.

“Well, you must be powerful,” she mumbled while looking at me with happiness.  “You are strapped down with a resistance material that I had made a long time ago, but you can still send your power out.  This is wonderful.  Imagine how much power I will have once I’m done with you.”

“Where is Aaron?”

She scrunched her eyebrows at me before saying, “Aaron?  I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Air, the guy who controls air, where is he?” I shout while trying to escape from the binds.

“Oh, your ‘soul-mate’, he left a while ago.  He said something about the risk not being worth it.”

“You’re lying,” I whisper.  “I know you are lying.  Aaron wouldn’t leave me here.”

“Then where is he?” Diana let out a laugh while looking around the room.  “I don’t see him anywhere.”

I shake my head at her.  No matter how much I try to deny it, she will tell me what she thinks will hurt me the most.  Aaron wouldn’t leave me here, I know he wouldn’t.

“Where is Chris?”

“The boy who betrayed you?  That is who you want?  Once I gave him his power back, he left.  Now, it’s time.”

She takes a step towards me and smiles.  “Hold still, dear.”

Reaching her hand out, she presses it to the side of my head.  I tense and try to pull away from her grip to no avail.  No matter how hard I try to get away from her, I can’t.  Slowly, I can feel a tug in my mind.  Searching my mind for my power would get her nowhere.  My power is in my being, she can’t rip it from my mind like she did with Chris. 

She grimaces and releases me.  Looking down on me, she glances at my body before pressing her hand to my stomach and lets out a sigh.  It must be the right place because I can feel her begin to drain me.  Whereas Cynthia’s healing power was beautiful, the light that Diana emits while taking my power is tainted in black.  There is not a single beautiful thing about it.

I fight the pull; I attempt to push back with my own power, but nothing happens.  I won’t let her win though.  No matter what I’m going to do everything in my power to stop her.

“Aaron,” I whisper to the wind. “I need you.”

She stops for a second to look at me with a confused expression.  Shrugging, she presses her hand harder into my stomach.  I can feel my power seeping away.  The last thread is about to snap when the door slams open.