Finding Ivy Part 20

Chapter 20

     The blood is flowing out of the wound in his stomach. I don't know what to do, and why in the world did Cynthia stay home again? I look up to Clay and Aaron with a pleading expression.

     "I don't know what to do," Aaron says with a carefree if not bored face. I glare at him, I would do more, but fighting would just take up time that Chris doesn't have.

     "Um, okay. So, I have an idea, but I have a feeling either one or both of you won't like it. You probably don't even know about it. I mean unless you do know, then that means you know a-"

     "Clay!" I scream interrupting his nervous babble. "Just tell me what it is please."

     Tears are still running out of my eyes, making everything look a little blurry. I wipe them away trying to clear my vision. I need to have everything clear to make sure Chris stays with us.

     "Okay, pull the knife out. As soon as you have it out, heat it up and press it to the wound. Of course it will leave a scar, but at least it won't bleed out anymore," Clay says.

     "What about internal bleeding? I thought that it was dangerous to take it out just in case it cut something important," I say back wanting to make sure that this is the best way to go.

     "This is the part Aaron isn't going to like." He shifts and darts his eyes around the building, not once making eye contact with anyone, "I heard what Chris said, and I know that it is the same for you. Well, you both are emotionally attached to each other, and that means you can give him some of your energy until we can get back to Cynthia. He will be weak, but at least this way he'll live."

     "Why would I have a problem with that? Besides the fact that some loser of a guy has the hots for my girlfriend," says Aaron with a grimace on his face.

     "She has to kiss him." It is said in such a rush, that I wasn't exactly sure of what he said.

     "Did you say I have to kiss him?" Uncertainty is evident in my voice.

     "Yes, and you need to do it quick. She says we don't have much time."

     "Um, who is 'she'?" Clay just keeps confusing me and confusing me.

     "My earth, it's a she. Don't look at me like that. What yours doesn't have a gender?" he asks with a blush.

     "Um, no. I just call it 'It' or my fire. Look, we can talk about this later, but right now I need to help Chris."

     "You are not doing that!" Aaron growls at me with rage masking his face.

     "Are you serious right now? This has nothing to do with you and me. It has everything to do with saving someone's life. Don't you understand that, Aaron?" I scream at him frustrated that he would be acting this petty.

     "Yeah, I understand that someone that is mine is about to make out with some guy that's in love with her."

     "Okay, you know what? I don't have time to deal with you. I'm about to 'make out' with some guy. So, I'm a little busy."

     With that, I turn my attention away from him. I can hear his footsteps get closer, but before he can get close enough, a line of fire blocks his path. I'm tired of playing his games when Chris is lying her bleeding to death.

     I pull the knife out and wince when it makes a slurping sound. I swipe the knife against my pant leg getting all the blood off of it, before touching the blade. The silver begins the glow with a red color, and I know it's ready.

     "Sorry," I whisper before lifting his shirt and pressing the steaming hot metal against the large gash that decorates his stomach. He screams out in pain and more tears run down my face at the sound.

     I throw the knife away from me like it has a disease. There is no way I would ever go near that thing again, ever. Crawling towards his head, I bend down until our lips are almost touching.

     He is panting already from the excruciating pain that the blade inflicted on him. What am I supposed to do? I know I have to kiss him, but how am I supposed to give him some of my energy?

     'Just lean in, I'll do the energy giving you do the mouth moving.'

     I know what said that it was my fire. I trusted it last time, and it didn't let me down, hopefully it wouldn't let me down this time either.

     Moving down an inch further, my lips make contact with his. No sparks fly off from the touch, his lips don't move under my own. Nothing happens. I don't feel my energy fading. I feel the same.

     I thought you were going to help me!

     I lied. Do you really think I would help you keep your lover boy? Fire is meant with air, and air is the only one I will ever share energy with. If you want him to live so bad do it yourself.

     I push It to the back of my head, not liking how long it talks and how long its sentences are becoming. It was never this noticeable before. 'Snap out of it, Ivy. Questions later.' I tell myself.

     Leaning down once more, I connect my lips with his. Closing my eyes, I search inside myself trying to find anything. I search and search until finally I feel myself tug at something inside of me. I almost let out a scream of triumph, but that is kind of hard to do when your mouth is occupied.

     I pull on it more, and envision it exiting my mouth and entering Chris. I keep pouring it and pouring it, until I begin to fell dizzy with lack of energy. I feel like I haven't eaten in days. I try opening my eyes, but they feel like they are glued shut. Millimeter by millimeter, my eyelids rise, and I'm surprised to see Chris's brown eyes staring at me.

     I blush and try to pull away, but wind up just collapsing my head on his chest. I can't move, it's so hard to move. My whole body feels like it weighs as much as a train. I feel someone brush my hair to the side allowing me to see once again.

     The heat from my fire wall is gone, making me realize that it snuffed out when my energy was taken. I can hear footsteps, and the mumble of voices, but I can't make out the words. Someone picks me up from my spot on Chris's chest, and holds me bridal-style.

     Their grip is tight. My body recognizes the person. The darkness is taking over, but I need to make sure that someone is okay first. Eyes traveling around, I see Clay pick Chris's body up. Having my reassurance, I let the darkness take me.