CHAPTER 3

Cc: This isn't the party you'd think it'd be...

VALYRA.

"Hey, y'all!" I chirped, as I slid into the backseat of Kelly's Benz, well-fueled by my early dinner and video-game session with Nik. I also worked out and took a shower before prepping for the party. The girls were wearing sheer tops and shorts or summer dresses. "Can we eat burgers first?"

Claire looked at me amusedly. "Burgers? Hunny, we're really gonna waste our five hours of starvation and rabbit food just to eat right before?"

I smirked at her. "That's probably just you guys. For your information, I ate two bags of chips at home and Nik cooked me up some fried chicken and noodles."

Kelly and Maddie were stifling laughter in the front, while Claire looked irritated, and Froida looked appalled. It wasn't a secret that I had great metabolism, but Claire couldn't get over my abuse of it (as she called it) and Froida just didn't believe in eating as much as I could. Sucks to be her, honestly. She was pretty much trained to act and talk with too much control and generally shut up and eat a little. Some debutante kinda thing. Not my thing, obviously. Claire was afraid that someday, my metabolism was gonna reverse and I wouldn't be able to control my weight anymore and, because of my eating habits, I'd go overweight which isn't healthy. I told her I promise to control myself if I sense negative changes in my body.

"So," Maddie said. "Who's hosting the party again?"

I lightly poke her head and we all laugh.

"Maddie, dear," Kelly asked, sounding snooty. "How could you attend an event without knowledge of the host's name?"

Maddie widened her eyes, indicating some sort of realization. "That's kind of my thing isn't it? I don't know the host's names of probably more than half of the parties I've gone to."

We all burst out laughing again, except for Kelly who simply shook her head.

Claire decided to be kind. "The host is Matt Kingsley but he's using his cousin's house since his cousin's away."

That got our attention. "His cousin?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah," I chimed in, "He's related to an old money kind of family?"

Claire shrugged before Froida explained a little something. "His cousin is Chase Corden the recluse kid and his parents are huge sportsmen, but they stopped going pro like last year and kind of took in a girl Chase's age. Chase and the new girl Vanilla are really close with Matt and were let in on the secret. I heard Vanilla threatened to castrate Matt if the house doesn't look untouched when they return from the trip."

"I like that girl, but how do you know so much?" Claire raised a brow with a smirk.

Froida grinned sheepishly. "The Cordens are in the rival neighborhood. We all know a lot about each other. Of course this is all rumor. It's possibly barely true."

When we got to the mansion, it was surprisingly quiet.

"Is this exclusive or something?" Maddie wondered out loud.

The door was left open seemingly on purpose and we walked through the living room towards the glass door by it.

"Hey, girls," Matt greeted smoothly. He stopped when he reached the doorway and leant on the metal edge of the glass door.

"Matt, hey!" I giggled, sashaying towards him and touching his shoulder lightly in passing. "Thanks for inviting us!" Matt flashed me a smile, obviously trying not to laugh, and waved at the other girls. The other girls gave him quick waves and greetings before rushing out and diving into the pool.