CHAPTER 7

Cc: Froida's gown.

VALYRA.

Today, we decided to have a girl's day out because what better way to prepare for a gala than with those who you're actually going to stick with there.

"Froida! Run faster!" Claire screamed.

It took all of me to keep myself from laughing. Froida was wearing kitten heels and her mini handbag was flying as she ran. Her hands were held up to keep her unbuttoned sleeves from bothering her hands and clinging to her rings. Her hair seemed newly curled and her makeup bag was haphazardly tucked into a tote bag.

"Froidaaaaaaa!" Floraline, Froida's older sister, whined from the porch, her face still coated in some bluish moisturizer.

"Sorry, Lina!" Froida hurriedly apologized, slipping into the backseat just in time. "Step on it!" she whisper-shouted at me.

"Sister trying to keep you home?" Maddie teased.

"Oh yes!" the poor girl mumbled. "If I hadn't known how much she actually loved me, I would've thought she was an evil stepsister."

"Fix your make-up," Claire rolled her eyes, "You look like a loser."

Froida pouted at this but did what she was told quietly.

NYEC-- New York Circle Elite. It's crazy, but we're actually attending this. Kelly and Froida's family have long been members and although Dad's a member, I only started attending recently because of my modeling. Claire and Maddie are our plusses because we all need people to keep us entertained. Hanging out isn't the same if we're incomplete. Especially with Kelly, me, and Froida in one setting? Although we mean a lot to each other, it's a total recipe for disaster.

The three of us would mean Froida cowering and Kelly and me trying to find ways to make Froida feel comfortable around us. We always fail.

"Maddie, hands off liquor, okay?" I reminded as I smoothed into an empty VIP parking space in the hotel basement. "Let's go, girls!"

We quickly went to our suite and set-up our make-up kits and clothes. Froida... had three gowns that she didn't like delivered because she's already just recently worn them.

If there's something Froida's dramatic about, it's about how she shouldn't use the same gown twice within five years. Is that a rich girl thing? But, I mean, I think there are some who don't even use the same gown twice like.. ever, but then I think people like that only rent those gowns because they wouldn't use it again anyway.

"Why don't you just wear the royal blue one?" Maddie coaxed nicely. "I mean, you only wore it for, like, less an hour with a fur coat on last Christmas right?"

Froida looked at her weirdly. "Don't you get it? People will find out. It's the same shade and the same style! Covered or not, it's the same."

Maddie sighed. "Froida, I guarantee, no one's gonna notice."

She got frowned upon. "What do you know?"

"Maddie's right, Froida," I shrugged. "Besides, if people notice, it's up to you on whether or not it's okay."

Froida scowled at us prettily. "It doesn't matter what you say, I'm having father take me to Mrs. Mackey's main office in an hour."

"You mean the top designer?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, honestly," she shrugged, looking hesitant,"but I like her designs best, so it doesn't matter."

Kelly fixed her icy eyes on Froida but stayed quiet and the latter flinched.