chapter 37

Lacey

After a few minutes of holding Charlotte in my arms, her sobs turned into hiccups. Her chipped, black fingernails were gripping to my sweater, and her face was buried into my neck like I was her only lifeline.

"He c-cheated on m-me. I w-walked into the living room, and h-he had another woman on his lap." Charlotte choked out, referring to her mate. My heart tugged when she looked up, mascara streaming down her blotchy red cheeks. "Baby..." I started, sadness overtaking my senses. I took her into another one of my embraces, stroking her knotty red hair.

I couldn't imagine the pain she was feeling right now.

I don't know how long I sat there, holding her shaking frame, but I didn't mind. Eventually, I felt something wet hit my cheek. The droplets kept hitting me, before the droplets became more consistent. A chill ran down both Charlotte and I's back at the freezing rain.

"Let's go get some ice cream, then head back to watch a movie. Sound good?" I mumbled, raising an eyebrow. Charlotte's chocolate brown eyes brightened up at that statement, and she nodded shyly.

I helped her tall frame stand up before walking into the gas station. It was silence, besides the squishing noise that came from our boots, along with occasional sniffs from Charlotte. We got two tubs of chocolate ice cream and candy.

"I just don't understand!" Charlotte whined, frustrated while we dug into the chocolate goodness. We were now sitting in my car, blasting Taylor Swift. Charlotte had gone through an entire tub of ice cream. I was on my second. Yep, I would probably regret this later.

"Maybe he cheated on me because I'm fat. I'll eat whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much." She snorted, shoving another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. I nodded in agreement. "Never change for a boy." I laughed, turning up the radio even louder.

Xavier

My beautiful mate was curled up on my chest, my chin underneath the crown of her head. One of my hands was on the curve of her petite waist, the other teasingly resting on her plump bum.

I soon heard the loud noise of her phone ringing, making my ears perk in alertness. I instantly stretched an arm over her small body since Lacey's short arms couldn't reach it. I then handed the phone to her, and she gave me a small smile in appreciation.

"Hello?" Lacey's sweet voice asked, raising her eyebrows. I trailed kisses down the soft skin of her neck, hoping to soothe her sore muscles. My wolf howled in pride when she bit her kissable bottom lip to hold back a melodic moan.

"Lacey? Please come pick me up. I'm at the gas station." I heard a muffled sob whimper through the phone. Concern overtook my senses when I realized it was Charlotte. Lacey frowned, and I could hear her heartbeat thumping against he chest by now.

"I have to go." Lacey said, shooting out of bed. My wolf whimpered with anxiousness, hating the feeling of our mates discomfort. "I'm coming with you." I responded by instinct, sitting up. Lacey glared at me, her face tinting red before she rolled her eyes. "Sorry babe, this is a girl thing. Don't worry, okay? I'll be back soon." She sighed, kissing my cheek softly.

I growled when she darted out the door, red flashing my vision when I heard the car engine start. I slipped on my sweats and a shirt, not bothering to put on a jacket before walking outside and onto my motorcycle. This girl was something else.

I quickly sped off, in direction towards the local gas station. My ears rung to the loud sound of the engine, as I tried to ignore the cold wind whipping at my barely covered skin. Lacey was in big trouble at this point. I might just have to punish her tonight...

I quickly shook the dirty images from my mind and continued driving the loud motorcycle, my knuckles eventually turning white because of how hard I was holding it. I cursed to myself when I felt droplets of freezing rain hit my skin.

Okay, now I was more than pissed.

All of a sudden, something hit my side. Hard. My pain tolerance is high, but black dotted my vision as I felt myself being thrown onto the cold, wet road. Sickening cracks rang through the air. I clenched my teeth at the sharp pains, bile rising in my throat before everything went black.

---

Oh shit. Sorry for the second cliffhanger, please don't hate me!! New chapter very soon ;)

100 votes and 25 comments for the next chapter! *and thank you for 130k reads, that's incredible.

Love you all,
Corinne