chapter 8

Xavier

I stiffened, running a hand through my hair as I sat up.

"I need you to listen to me when I say everything, and not run a way. Please, just trust me on this." I said shakily, gazing into her emerald eyes. Her features showed nothing but worry and concern when she shook her head slowly.

"Everyone living in the house... Is different. Different from a normal person. We're not all family, nor friends. We're werewolves, who live in a group called a pack. Every pack member has rules. No matter the age, there are rules. Someone who leads this pack is called an Alpha. The Alpha can be either man or woman. However, the Alpha needs a mate. A mate is a short- term for soul mate. This "mate" will guide you, love you, and care for you your entire life. No one will ever make you feel as comforted, protected or loved as your mate does. They are your other half, till do death them apart."

"When you find your mate, it's like nothing you've ever experienced before. Their scent is intoxicating, they are the most beautiful person you've ever laid eyes on your entire life. When you touch them, there are tingles. You feel protected, and comforted around your mate." I looked at her, seeing her confused, scared expression. I ran a hand up her back, attempting to soothe her.

"Some wolves are born with different jobs- for example, an Alpha leads a pack. A Beta helps the alpha plan, and prepare for wars. The third in command also helps you do these types of things, but in a more minor fashion. Warriors are the ones who fight for the pack, and these are usually some of the strongest wolves out there."

"S-so I'm your mate?" Lacey asked me, confused.

"Yes, you are sweetheart. And I promise to protect you like no one ever has before. You will be treated with respect. I will love you, and make you feel beautiful. I'm yours, and you're mine, from the day we complete the mating process, to when we' re old and dying... I will always protect and love you." I spoke with authority.

"Mating process?" She questioned, running a hand through her soft locks.

"The mating process is when I bite right here on you neck," I whispered, and brought my lips down to the spot right between her collar bone and the beginning of her neck, earning a shiver from her. I smirked, loving the effect I had on her.

"This will claim you as mine, and the woman who helps me lead the pack-- the Luna." I replied.

"When you're ready, I will make love to you, which will complete the mating process." I blushed slightly, trying to calm my wolf down at the thought.

My little mate blushed furiously, before speaking.

"Show me. Prove to me that you are what you say you are." She said, her jade eyes locking with my grey ones. I licked my dry lips as my heart beat increased.

"Please don't run away from me." I trailed a thumb across her cheek bone, before stepping back.

I slowly stripped bare, chuckling when my beauty covered her eyes to shield herself.

I felt my bones snap, and fur sprout from from my skin.

Soon enough, I turned into my large, raven black wolf. I cautiously stepped towards my trembling mate, and nudged my wet nose against her neck, trying to calm her down.

I whined when I saw her scared expression. I flopped down on my back, being submissive, trying to show her that I wasn't going to hurt her.

I knew the mate pull was starting to have an effect on her when I saw her little body move towards my large wolf.

She put out a shaky hand. I nuzzled against her soft skin and purred.

She starting scratching behind my ears, earning more rounds of purrs to erupt within my chest.

"You're so beautiful." She muttered, studying my wolf form.

I flashed her a wolfy grin and licked her cheek, my wolf soaring with pride. She thought we were beautiful.

---
Lacey is on the side:) please vote! Sorry for the short chappy, longer one next time!
Hugs and kisses,
~corinne