chapter 34

Lacey

"Lacey, just take it. You need to know." Charlotte sighed, flopping onto the white cushioned couch. I ran a shaky hand through my knotty hair, my heart beat quickening.

It had been a week later, and every morning I was puking. I knew I was pregnant, but I couldn't face it. What would Xavier think? Did he even want to be a father? If I can't even take of myself, how will I take care of a child?

"Fine." I mumbled, snatching the test from her hands, and quickly walking into the large bathroom. I set it on the counter, reading the directions. I did exactly what it said, and waited a few minutes.

I was pregnant.

My heart stopped, and my breath caught in my choked up throat.

"Lacey?" I heard Charlotte call out from the room next to me. "Are you alright?" She asked, concern lacing her voice. I didn't know how to react.

"Y-yeah." I lied, stuttering on my words. She carefully opened the tall door, a frown etching her pale face. Once she saw my scared expression, she was instantly embracing me in a tight hug. I sniffled a bit, panic and anxiety swarming my senses before I broke down.

It's not like I didn't want the child, of course I did. I wasn't ready, this wasn't the time either. "Hey, hey. It's okay. Everything will be fine." Charlotte comforted me, rubbing my tense shoulders.

But it wouldn't. Nothing was going to be okay.

Xavier

Worry started to overcome me, Lacey was getting worse and worse. Every morning she would get sick, and when I took her to the pack doctor he had no idea what was happening either. I didn't know how to help my baby, and that hurt.

My little mate had been acting strange all week, and had disappeared just an hour before nervously with Charlotte.

Something was obviously up. Mean while, I have been so caught up in Alpha duties we hadn't gotten the chance to sit down and talk, she had been so quiet too- my wolf could feel her anxiousness.

I sighed before standing up, walking upstairs. I needed to see if everything was okay, she's my mate and I love her.

I stood outside of Charlottes room, taking in a deep breath before knocking gently. After a few moments, I came face to face with Charlotte. "Xavier! Hey." She said nervously. I raised an eyebrow at the distressed look she had on her face, before walking in.

"I need to talk to Lacey. Leave." I growled, using my strict Alpha tone before walking towards the bathroom. She whimpered before scurrying out of the room, to leave me and my mate alone.

"Lacey? Let me in." I growled, banging the door. My wolf whimpered when we heard her let put a quiet sniffle, before walking to the door. She slowly opened it, only peaking through at first. I easily opened the rest of the door, as much as she protested.

"Xavier! I'm fine." She whined, pushing against my chest. Please, she was crying. Was she expecting me to let her be upset? Hell no. Her business was my business.

I instantly searched the white bathroom, my heart stopping when I saw the pregnancy test. I choked on the words I was trying to form, she was pregnant. I glanced at Lacey, my eyes softening once I saw her nervous expression.

She placed a small hand on her flat, non- showing tummy gently, looking down at her toes. I could hear her heartbeat from all the way over here.

I walked towards her, placing my hands softly on her slender waist before bringing her into my embrace. She sniffled again, before burying her head in my shoulders. I breathed in her scent, mixed emotions flowing through me.

"I'm going to be a father."

---
Short chappy, but important. 30 votes and 5 comments for the next one :) love you all! And thank you for all the votes/ reads, you all never fail to amaze me.

Btw, huge thanks to xXArachNidXx for the book cover(s), she's amazing!
Hugs and kisses,
Corinne