chapter 41

Lacey

The last few weeks had gone by smoothly - Charlotte had given birth to a beautiful baby boy named Sawyer, and had made-up with her mate. My brother had found his mate, who was a young woman named Lily from the Smoke Forest Pack. She was a lovely young girl, and I'm more than proud of my brother for treating her so well.

Everything seemed... Well, perfect.

I was now 5 weeks pregnant, and Xavier and I's child was due in just 3 weeks because of the sped up wolf pregnancy process. Time had really flown past us. I didn't want to know the sex of the child, I wanted it to be a complete surprise.

Tonight, we have a pack dinner and the announcing of my pregnancy. Xavier had kept me locked away in our room, his protectiveness growing impossibly more because of the growing child in my stomach.

Xavier and I sat in our room, silent besides the shuffling of papers and clicks of mouses. He was doing Alpha work, while I was trying to finish my High-school education. I sat in Xavier's lap, leant against his strong chest. I giggled when he pressed continuous kisses to my neck, causing shivers to run down my spine.

"I can't really focus when you do that, babe." I murmured before grabbing both of his large hands. He hummed into my hair and breathed in my scent, making wolf purr in contentment.

All of a sudden, I felt something jolt in my stomach. It didn't hurt, the feeling just startled me. I sat up, confusion pumping through me. Xavier chuckled, causing me to frown.

"The baby kicked." Xavier said, pride filling his voice. He turned me around so I was facing him, and leant a head down to my stomach. He then pressed an ear right above my belly button. He had his two hand planted on my waist, soothingly rubbing the sweater clad skin.

My heart slammed against my chest at the strange feeling, but a smile didn't fail to grace my lips.

~ 2 hours later ~

Tears filled my eyes in frustration when I heard the black, tight material of the dress rip slightly when I tried to pull it up my protruding stomach. My throat felt tight, and stressed was an understatement. Nothing fit, and the pack dinner was in less then an hour.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Xavier's concerned voice range through the air before I felt a pair of strong wrap around my waist. He buried his face my neck, breathing in my scent yet again.

"Nothing fits." I whined, stomping my foot like a child. He chuckled, making more tears fill my eyes. He was gonna get it.

"Do you even know what it's like to be carrying 10 extra pounds in you, having to pee every four minutes, having mood swings constantly and eating everything?! No, you don't!" I growled angrily, shoving his chest with all my strength. However, he didn't budge.

Stupid werewolf genes.

Oh, what am I saying, I am a werewolf.

His face softened, but I could tell he was trying not to snicker which angered me even more. "Awe baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." He stated, pulling me into a hug. I sighed when he brushed hair away from my face.

"What am I going to wear?" I asked, playing with the sleeves of my sweater.

"Just go ask Charlotte, I'm sure she has some that'll fit." He kissed my cheek, his soft lips lingering my skin for just a moment. Relief filled me when I realised I wasn't completely hopeless.

Xavier

My wolf whined when he smelt our little mates tears fill the air. I turned around, so I was facing her short yet curvy yet short frame that I was so in love with.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I frowned, wrapping my arms around her petite waist. My wolf howled in happiness at the feeling of her protruding tummy press against my arms, I could not wait to have a family with the love of my life.

"Nothing fits." Her small, sweet voice whined as she stomped her foot. I couldn't help but let a laugh escape my lips at the childish yet adorable gestures, causing Lacey to growl softly.

"Do you even know what it's like to be carrying 10 extra pounds in you, having to pee every four minutes, having mood swings constantly and always being hungry?! No, you don't!" She growled louder this time, shoving at my chest roughly.

I pushed the small smirk that was forming on my lips, and had to hold back a laugh as best as I could. I can't help it, she's even cute when she's angry. "Awe baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." I said, pulling her into a hug. She huffed, still annoyed with me. However, she soon melted into my embrace, and wrapped her thin arms around me and buried her face into my chest in a way that made my heart speed up. I would never get used to the fact that she was all mine, forever and always.

"What am I going to wear?" She questioned, adorably playing with the hem of her creme sweater. "Just go ask Charlotte, I'm sure she has some that'll fit." I replied, kissing the soft skin of her cheek.

Little did she know, I had something huge planned for tonight... And it wasn't just the pack dinner.

---

Sorry for the short chapter, expect another one tomorrow! 😘

Love you all and thank you loads for 1m, you're all incredible.

Xoxo,

Corinne ❤️