chapter 32/33

Xavier

"Help!" I heard Lacey scream, instantly snapping me out of my slumber. I sat up straight, looking over at her squirming figure. She was screaming, tears running down her flushed face.

"Lacey! Wake up! It's a dream." I yelled sternly, shaking her shoulders. She peeled her bloodshot eyes open, breaking down into another round of tears when she saw me. My heart tugged at the sight.

"Xavier." She gasped- tears still streaming down her delicate face, before wrapping her small around around my neck. I cradled her head to my chest, before gently lifting her into my arms like I had done many times before in just this night.

"He t-tried to touch me again, r-" She sobbed, not being able to get the last word out. I felt anger cloud my vision, he had no right to touch what is mine. I hope that bastard burns in hell for hurting my mate.

"Xavier, s-stop. You're hurting me." Lacey sniffled. My eyes suddenly softened at her voice, and I felt a pang of guilt once I realized how tight I was holding her petite frame.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I said truthfully, pain overtaking my senses. She forced a small smile onto her plump lips, before nuzzling into me even further.

I purred instantly when she started rubbing my tense shoulders, the anger starting to vanish under her soft touch that I had fallen in love with over time. She then playfully growled, pushing me gently so that I was lying on my stomach.

I felt her tiny hands lift up my shirt. I shivered when her hand brushed my bare skin, the effect she had on me was like no other I've ever experienced.

"I love you, Xavier. So much." She said after massaging my back. I felt her light body then rest ontop of mine, resting her head into my shoulders blades. I purred in happiness. "I love you so much more, little mate."

Lacey

"You're doing it wrong!" Charlotte screamed at her mate, exasperated. We were currently setting up the baby's crib, but it was practically impossible. How do people do this? "Lacey? Will you please help me?" Charlotte whined, jutting out her bottom lip. I chuckled, then began to fumble with the parts.

After about an hour and half of fumbling with it and trying to understand the damn directions that were in french, we finally put together a crib. "Jesus Christ, took long enough." Charlotte sighed happily, placing a hand on her prominent baby bump. I looked at her belly, a pang of envy crossing me. I've always wanted children, but how can I take care of them when I can't even take care of myself?

As for Xavier, he wouldn't leave my side. And frankly, it was quite annoying. I walked into our room, sighing in relief when I flopped onto the large, cloud- like bed. I heard someone open the door, instantly relaxing when I smelled Xavier. "Where were you?" I pouted.

"I needed to talk to Bryce about his mate. They've been having some troubles." He frowned. My jaw dropped. "The big bad Alpha is a softie?" I gasped, grabbing my heart in a playful manner. He smirked, pinning me to the bed.

"You keep that up and I might have to punish you, kitten." He growled, nipping at my ear. I rolled my eyes before standing up, and heading into the bathroom. "I'm going out with Charlotte tonight." I said.

"No." Xavier dismissed, while starting to look through dozens of papers. Excuse me?

"Why not?" I sassed back immediately, crossing my arms over my chest. He raised an eyebrow at my sudden confidence towards him. "Because I said so." He scoffed, looking up at me.

"Right. Okay buddy. I'll be back at 8." I said, returning back to my eyeliner. In just a second, I felt Xavier's warm breath down my neck. "You're not going." He growled, lower this time. Who does he think he is?

"Why?" I said, raising my voice before I turned around and faced him. My wolf started to growl in anger, he's never done something like this. Sure, he was possessive- he is an Alpha. He would never try and control what I did, he trusted me and I trusted him back.

"Because I said so. And you will listen to me." His eyes turned black, shouting the harsh words at me. My wolf whimpered. "I'll do whatever the hell I please, but thanks." I remarked, trying not to show him that what he said effected me in any way.

I suddenly felt myself being pinned to the creme coloured wall, so rough that I winced at the still healing slashing on my stomach. "Don't make me repeat myself." He yelled, his grip getting tighter by the second. Not enough to hurt me, but my stomach was still sensitive. "Let go!" I screamed, pushing him away. I wasn't dealing with this, "you'll do what I say" shit. I'm 18, I can make my own damn decisions.

"You don't even have a reason! You're just being an ass!" I sighed, exasperated with the entire situation. "You want to know why, Lacey?" He yelled, running a hand through his disheveled locks.

I nodded and placed my hands on my hips. "I almost lost you, Lacey! And you're acting like nothing happened!" He yelled, his pale eyes filling with anger and sadness. My eyes softened at the sight.

"I know, I know what happened Xavier. Moving on is the only option. He's gone now." I said, hoping to comfort him. I took slow steps towards him, and placing a hand on his rising chest. He looked down at me, and instantly stopped shaking in anger at my touch. I rested my head against him, trying to soothe him.

He wrapped his arms around me so tight- and breathed in my scent, as if I were the most important thing in the world to him.

"You are." Xavier said softly, reading my mind.

---
Cute chapter omg 😭 almost 30k reads?! That's amazing! Thank you all so much. 30 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter (SOMETHING VERYY IMPORTANT IS HAPPENING GET READY) by the way hot picture of Xavier on the side ;)
Love you all,
Corinne