chapter 44

Lacey

            I peeled my eyes open, my heart instantly sinking once the memories from last night came flooding in. I looked down, panic rising once I realized I was tied down completely. Then, I heard a scream come from next to me.

"Lacey? Is that you?" A familiar voice questioned, known as Charlotte's. My heart filled with hope for just one moment, before it sank again. Why were we here?

"Yes, it's me. What the hell is going on?" I asked, trying to keep my voice hushed. I was trapped underneath chains, and as much as I tried to shift to my wolf form I couldn't. In fact, my wolf wasn't even speaking.

"Charlotte, focus on your wolf form so we can get out of these. Please try." I begged, a bit of hope still left in me. There was a few moments of painful silence before she responded.

"I can't, it's not working." She whimpered quietly, trying to untangle herself from the heavy metals wrapped around her like a python. 

We heard a door creak, making us both go completely silent. My heart was slamming against my chest, yet reality had not yet hit me fully.

A dark figure then walked into the room, and from what I could tell it was a girl. She had a black mask over her face, and her dark hair pulled back.  I had no idea who it was.

The unknown figure stepped closer and closer, until I could feel their breath on my forehead. I screamed out again for help, but I soon felt a cold blade press against my throat. The person tilted her head, pressing the long knife harder and harder, but not enough to cut.

"Stop! Stop it you fucking psychopath!" Charlotte screamed. The person stopped for a minute, and backed away.

The knife left my throat, making a small bit of relief fill me. She back away even more, grabbing a large black leather bag from underneath her. She shuffled through it agonisingly slow before pulling out what looked like a gun.

Xavier

          I combed the gel through my hair, making sure one last time that I looked okay. I looked at the time, panicking when I realized I was almost late.

I quickly walked out the front door, setting up the rose petals that would lead to the lake, so we could go boating. I was setting down the rose petals carefully, before I smelt something.

It wasn't anyone in my pack, I would have noticed by the familiar scent we all have in common. My canines came out in defence, sharpening to their full length after a few moments.

'Everyone except for the women and children get out here instantly, but stay quiet. There is an intruder that has crossed into our territory.. And I don't recognise the scent.' I mind linked everyone.

Just seconds later, most of my pack emerged from the house and from the woods- already in their wolf form. I quickly shifted, not wasting a second. Then, my heart sank into my stomach and my guts churned.

'Where's Lacey?' I growled through mind link, panic hitting me more and more with each passing second. No one responded, making me howl loudly. Everyone flinched an cowered back instantly at the loud, tension cutting noise.

'Everyone, distribute into the woods. Check other packs to see if anyone else has intruded. If you hear or smell anything, tell me right away, or you're dead.' I commanded.

Just seconds later, we were all off in hope to find my mate.

Anonymous

          "What the fuck do you want from me?!" The bitch known as Lacey shrieked, trying to force herself out the trap.

I laughed, sitting back in my seat as I sharpened my knife. They both kept screaming for hours on end, making it feel as if my ears would bleed sooner or later.

"Shut the hell up, before I kill you both right now!" I screamed, stomping my foot. I soon felt a glob of wetness hit my face, making my eyes turn pitch black. I looked up, realising that Lacey's little friend had spit on me.

My wolf was coming up, so I quickly brought the knife to her throat, pressing even harder now.  I made a small cut, right against her windpipe.

She screamed, trashing wildly against the chains as Lacey sobbed. I smirked, and then slit her entire throat so that blood was pouring rapidly from the cut.

Lacey

     We had been here for hours now, hopelessly screaming. "What the fuck do you want from me?!" I screamed, mixing in with the sound of Charlotte's loud sobs.

The masked figure laughed, sitting back in her seat before sharpening the long knife she held.

"Shut the hell up, before I kill you both right now!" She screamed, stomping her foot like a child. I gulped, my heart feeling as if it were going to beat out of my chest.

I heard a loud, spatting like noise. I squeezed my eyes shut, praying that what I thought had happened hadn't actually occurred.

I peeled my eyes open, bile rising in my throat as I watched the abductor slit my best friends throat. No, no please. This couldn't be happening. I watched helplessly as blood poured from the fresh wound, the salty tears entering my mouth.

"Please! Stop! Why would you do this, why!" I sobbed, my vision blurry. My throat felt like it had a lump in it, and my head spun.

I had lost my best friend, my sister, the one I could always count on and it was my fault. Then, all I saw was red. I trashed against the chains even harder now, feeling the warmth of blood trickling down my battered hands.

I then grabbed the psycho's neck, digging my nails into her pale flesh.

I twisted her neck quickly until I heard a sickening crack, then threw her limp body on the cold, cement ground.

Then, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen build up as I was looking for an exit. I hunched over in pain, then felt a wetness pool between my legs. My water had broken.

"Fuck!" I screamed, feeling as if I were being stabbed repeatedly. I pushed the pain away, however before digging through the girls pockets to try and find a key to unlock Charlotte from the trap that held her captive.

My hands were shaking as I fumbled through her back pockets. I sighed a shaky breath once I felt a key brushing my fingertips.

I quickly grabbed it before rushing to my best friend, trying to ignore the intense contractions I was feeling. I fumbled with the key for a moment, before sticking into the keyhole and twisting. The tears kept streaming down my face, and I felt weak.

Charlotte's limp body collapsed into my arms, and I wept as I tried lifting her up bridal style. Once I lifted her, I ran towards the door the abductor had entered in. Surrounding me were endless amounts of woods, so dark that I could barely see anything.

"Help!" I screamed, falling to the ground with Charlotte still in my arms. "Please, someone help me!" I cried yet again, losing every ounce of hope. I pressed my hands to Charlottes left wrist, hoping for a pulse. It was slow and faint. I rested my head onto her chest, crying quietly.

"Please, someone. Anyone." I whispered one last time, before I blacked out yet again.

---
Oh shit.. I'm so sorry for another cliffhanger :// maybe if I get 4k votes I'll update again today? Hmm ..;) ohh and sorry for all the POVs, I just wanted yall to view this plot in as many perspectives as possible :p and I think I might make a book just for the restricted scenes... How does that sound?

I'm such a pervert lmao, but aren't we all? 😂😂

Love you all so much, don't forget to VOMMENT !!
-corinne