chapter 4

Lacey

I took off my boot for my ankle carefully, one that Xavier had carefully placed on my ankle later last night when I was half asleep. I stepped into the large shower, the hot water instantly soothing my sore muscles. I looked around for any soaps, or shampoos for girls-- but all I found was men's shampoo and soap. I opened the cap, squirting some of the nice smelling shampoo on my hands. Then I rubbed it into my long, knotty blonde locks. I began to wash myself with the soap, getting all the grime and blood off of me.

I hopped out of the shower, and wrapped a short, fluffy towel around me. I smelt exactly like Xavier. I didn't mind though, the scent comforted me, a feeling I hadn't felt for a long time.

I looked outside cautiously, nervous that someone would see me almost naked in my towel. I quickly grabbed the pile of clothes he left outside for me.

It was his clothes.

In the pile had a large, v-neck black t-shirt, and a pair of boxers. I scrunched my nose, seeing that I had no packed an extra pair of underwear in my bag. I had brought all of the possible necessities I could ever dream of, except for underwear. I shook my head as I began to pull the clothes onto my sore and aching body, trying not to wince as a I did so.

Then I slid on the large shirt and boxers. The shirt went down to my knees. I breathed in the earthy scent of Xavier, and felt instantly soothed. I hated that I felt this way around him. It was confusing and made my head hurt. Maybe I was simply at peace because I was away from my father and truly had nothing to lose at this point.

"Sweetheart? Are you alright? Do you need anything?" I heard Xavier call from outside, worried filled his voice.

"I'm okay, I'll be out in a second." I replied. It made my heart warm at the thought of him caring so much. No ones ever treated me like this. I prayed to myself quietly that he was just being kind to me, like any good-samaritan would.

I stepped out of the warm bathroom coming face to face with Xavier. I blushed fiercely as he eyed me up and down. Then, we he looked back into my eyes, they were black.

"Are y-you okay Xavier?" I asked. As soon as I said his name, his eyes turned back to their normal, beautiful blue-grey color. I scrunched my brows in confusion at his flustered state.

"Sorry, you're just so beautiful, I can't help myself." He said with a husky voice. He took a step closer to me, his tall frame towering over.

Then, out of no where he started sniffing my hair. I heard a slight moan escape from his lips, and at that point I didn't know whether I should be flattered or scared... I stepped away carefully, pulling my face from his chest that he had gently pulled me into just moments before.

He chuckled when I looked at him my with wide eyes.

"Come here, I'll show you our room." He said, a smile still gracing his perfect lips.

"Our room?" I blurted out by accident. He didn't respond, instead he lead me into a huge navy blue walled room. There was a huge bed on the right, that was all white. It looked like a cloud. There was an enormous flat screen telly infront of the bed, along with some gaming devices. There was also a mini fridge, and a small door which lead to a bathroom.

He let go of my hand, and my body instantly missed the sparks and warmth his hand gave me. Instead, he put his hand on my waist, showing me around his room. We looked at his family photos, and he explained to me that he had a younger brother who was 15, named Grey and a younger sister who was 4, named Mia. A spark of sadness hit me, when I thought about my so called family. However, Xavier didn't notice, and I'm glad. I didn't want to worry him. He was the only person I felt safe around, and I didn't want to lose that by changing his emotions for me.

"Can I see that picture? He looks so familiar." I asked quietly out of curiosity, as I looked at a picture of him and a boy around his age.

"Of course, baby," He said. I tried reaching for it, and then he chuckled and stopped me as soon as he got it himself-- seeing I was too short to get it myself.

"What's on your wrist?" He growled, his dark eyes turning even darker.

"What do you m-mean?" I asked, truly confused by his words.

My stomach dropped as he grabbed my wrist, turning it around and inspecting my arm. My heart was beating so fast, and my head was spinning.

He inspected the dozens of slightly raised cuts and fresh bruised, and I winced when he ran a gentle thumb over them. He looked at me, his eyes filled with pain, and possibly regret.

"N-no." He said, his voice cracking. "Y-you did this to yourself? N-no, please no." He said. And for the first time in my life, I saw a mans eyes fill with tears. I looked at him with shock, not knowing what to say. Why was he crying? He seemed so tough, I could hardly believe my eyes. I sat awkwardly, not wanting to make eye-contact after the realization he had just

I nodded shamefully, my throat going dry. I was too lost for words, it felt like my brain shut down.

Xavier collapsed on his knees, and hugged my stomach. I winced even more, as I felt various tears soak through my cloth-clad stomach. He lifted up my shirt, and his boxers that I was wearing. I heard his breath hitch in his throat, as he stared at the multiple raised cuts and yellow- blue bruises I had earned from myself, and father.

I took a shaky hand and ran it through his dark, soft locks. He visibly relaxed from my soft touch. I felt my own eyes well up, but quickly blinked them back. He probably thought I was disgusting for this, but then again, why did I care? Why was he hugging me? I knew in that moment I should've shoved him away, but my instincts and body didn't allow it.

---
Hope you enjoyed :)
-corinne