chapter 35

Lacey

"I'm going to be a father." He whispered, after heavily breathing in my scent. I squealed when he suddenly lifted me into his arms gently, making sure he didn't hurt me.

"I'm going to be a daddy." Xavier said, his voice louder. I hesitantly looked at him, peeking up from his warm, inviting chest. I wanted him to hold me forever, if that was even possible.

His lips were curved, showing off his pearly whites. He was happy, genuinely happy. However, once he saw my expression, the smile faded instantly. "What's wrong baby?" He frowned, before kissing the frown lines on my face.

"I d-don't know if I'm ready for this, Xavier. I'm not g-going to be a good mother, I can't e-even take care of myself." The harsh words tumbled out of my mouth, leaving bitter sobs choked up in my dry throat. Xavier's grey eyes filled with sadness, before running a hand up and down the sleeves of my sweater.

"Don't ever say that, beautiful. You will be an incredible mother. If you can put up with me, than you can sure as hell but up with a child. You're so incredible, Lacey. You work so hard for everything you earn, you're strong, and comforting. Our child will love you." Xavier growled, his eyes obsidian.

My heart fluttered when he said, "our" child. How was I so lucky to have someone like him?

A ghost of a smile replaced the sadness and anxiousness once before, before I felt Xavier's calloused thumb wipe away the warm tears that were trailing down my face just seconds before. My eyes started to burn after all the crying, so I closed them tightly and buried my face back in Xavier's chest even further.

He smelled so good, and it felt even better to be in his strong arms. "I love you so much, baby." He whispered, gently lifting me into his arms. "I love you more." I said absentmindedly, the butterflies never ceasing in my stomach. He would be the death of me. "Not possible." Xavier replied.

He put me on our soft, cloud like bed before joining me. My wolf purred in delight we he lifted up my sweater, revealing my bare stomach, his warm touch leaving goosebumps on my creamy skin.

"Hey, I'm your soon-to-be daddy. Your mother is incredible, you're so lucky to have her. She's funny, and smart, and kind. Her smile could cure cancer. She'll love you so much, as I will too. I promise I'll protect you with everything I have." Xavier murmured, then pressed a soft kiss right below my belly button.

My heart lurched in happiness. I giggled when he twirled on fingers around on my stomach, making me squeal when he found my ticklish spot. I laughed uncontrollably, trying to push his large hands away from me. "Xavier! Stop!"

He eventually brought his hands away from my ribs, chuckling at my childish laughter.   "I hope it's a girl." He mumbled, drawing patterns on my tummy for the umpteenth time that night. I didn't mind, though. It felt incredible.

I hummed happily in response. I truly didn't have any preference for the gender, Xavier and I would love the child either way. It was insane to think that I was having a child. I wonder what my mum would think, and if she would like Xavier or not.

I started braiding Xavier's long, dark locks, basking in the silky softness of it. Purrs erupted from his chest, and he gently laid his head just below my breasts- making sure he wasn't hurting me.

I twirled the strands of hair between my fingertips, before wrapping my arms around his neck. Xavier instantly responded, and curled into me even further- holding me even closer than before.

"I love you," He said quietly, leaving a kiss on my forehead. "And you." He mumbled, kissing my tummy that would soon have a baby bump protruding from it.

---
Hope you all liked this chapter! 40 votes / 7 comments for next chapter :) thank you for 45k reads, holy shit! That's amazing!
Love you all,
Corinne