chapter 20

Lacey

Nervous was an understatement. What if they don't like me? Hundreds of what ifs filled my brain, making me even more anxious as Xavier walked into the large room. It was absolutely beautiful, like the rest of the house in general.

The floor was a beautiful mahogany colour, and the ceiling had different creme coloured designs which held a large crystal chandelier in the middle. Just about 50 feet in front of me was a stage, which I'm guessing if someone were to make a speech that'd where they'd do the announcement.

I felt my palms become sweaty as I looked out into the large crowd of men, women and children of all ages bowing towards my direction. Xavier sensed my panic, then rubbed my back soothingly.

My mate lead me through the crowd that had now separated, creating a pathway for us. I felt like royalty, yet strange with all of this new attention.

We finally reached the large stage, and sat down as what I'm assuming Xavier's father and mother began to speak in front of crowd of pack members.

"Today, we've gathered to welcome my sons soulmate, his other half, his equivalent, his Luna." His father started, then paused. The crowd roared in happiness, some even cheering glasses together in thanks. I felt my face heat up while everyone stared at me.

Xavier kept squeezing and rubbing my hand, trying to sooth my nerves. I relaxed instantly at his soft touch.

Xavier's mother began, speaking about how it was an honour to serve as Luna for 21 and wished for the best when Xavier and I started to lead.

After his parents were done with their speeches, me and Xavier went out in the crowd meeting all of the pack members. I felt uneasy with all of the respect and everyone calling me, "Luna" even after constant reminders for them to call me Lacey.

I was currently sitting down with Xavier while he talked to the now fully healed Bryce, teasing eachother playfully. I could tell that Bryce was staring at me with curiosity, but I didn't dare to look up.

"Lacey, can I speak with you?" Bryce suddenly said, catching my attention. "Privately." He added, before he extended a hand for me to take. Xavier growled protectively, wrapping an arm around my waist. I glared daggers at him.

"Trust me on this, Xavier. I'll call you if I need anything, I promise." I mumbled into his ear while standing up, finally getting out of his death grip.

While me and Bryce were exiting the room, I still felt Xavier's eyes on the back of my head, and I scoffed. He needed to calm down, I think Bryce had learned his lesson after earning a broken nose and arm from Xavier.

Bryce led me outside, sighing as he leaned his large frame against the doorway. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to start. I don't know where this burst of confidence was starting to come from, but I liked it.

"I'm sorry, Lacey, I'm sorry for leaving you. I cared so much, and I still do now. I c-couldn't handle it, I couldn't handle Mom leaving. I'm so sorry, Lacey. I truly am. I promise to protect you for as long as I live, and do whatever I can to make you forgive me. Please." He said, tears and sincerity fillings his eyes.

I pulled him into my embrace, rubbing his back when I felt warm tears splash against my shoulder. I held him for a few minutes, trying to sooth him before pulling back.

"I forgive you." I said, wiping away his tears. He smiled brightly at me, before pulling me into his arms again. I giggled at his sudden happiness, hugging him back tightly.

"Alright, Bryce. That's enough." Xavier growled possessively let, gripping my waist tightly before crushing me back into his warm chest. I rolled my eyes and hit his bicep lightly, giving Bryce an apologetic look before Xavier dragged me back inside the large ball- room.

In the midst of me and Xavier walking around and more greeting people, I was soon in a bone crushing hug- much like when I met Charlotte. I awkwardly wrapped my arms around the woman who was holding me's waist, and heard Xavier's chuckle of amusement in the background.

I pulled back, curious to who almost killed me by just a simple hug, I thought to myself sarcastically.

The woman who I recognized as Xavier's mother was absolutely stunning, now that I had gotten a closer look at her. She had bright blue eyes, dark black hair that was slightly greying, and a small frame like mine. She was stunning, just like Xavier. Behind her, I also noticed noticed Xavier's father whom looked exactly like Xavier, yet older.

"Oh my god! Xavier, she's so beautiful! What's your name, honey?" The little women squealed, grabbing my face. I laughed, blushing at her kind comments.

"Her name is Lacey. Lacey, this is mom, Isabelle, and my father, Andrew." He introduced me to them. I smiled shyly, and shook their hands politely in response.

"We've heard so many good things about you, darling. It's a pleasure to meet you." Isabelle said, while her husband placed a kiss on her cheek.

I smiled and thanked them, before getting to meet Xavier's little brother- Grey. Everyone in the pack was kind and welcoming, which made me thankful. I also had befriended a few girls around my age while doing so.

After hours and hours of meeting the lovely pack members with my mate protectively by my side, people started to head back to their rooms. I was thankful, because my feet were starting to ache from the constant standing up and walking.

All of a sudden, I felt a burning sensation in my my core heading to my stomach. I winced and bent over, the pain getting worse by the second. Xavier seemed to notice, because his eyes filled will lust as he looked at me.

How was me being in pain a turn on for him?

I felt the pain getting worse when my knees started collapsing under me, causing Xavier to quickly grab my waist and lift me bridal style- which strangely stopped the excruciating pain.

His eyes were still black, as he ran up the stairs so fast I didn't have time to blink as I tried to ignore the confused stares of pack member.

Xavier laid my on the bed gently, removing his large hands from me for just a second. The pain returned this time, making me cry out. It felt like my entire body was on fire.

"Lacey? Baby. I need you to listen to me. You're in heat." Xavier said, grabbing my face. I nodded slowly, remembering him talking about this topic awhile ago as my vision started to blur. Whenever he touched me, the pain lessened. I craved him, no I needed him.

"Touch me, please."

---
Oh snap;)) the next chapters going to be a little... Restricted. Get ready you perverts!
Hugs and kisses,
-Corinne