chapter 31

Lacey

My entire body began shaking with fear when I heard him unbuckle his pants, and start to take off the rest of his clothing.

I desperately screamed again, hoping that someone would hear me- but that just earned another round of hits.

"Stop! You can't do this! Anything but this!" I sobbed out as he spread my legs open with force. "That's too bad, princess. I get what I want." He smiled wickedly. I grimaced at the nickname, only Xavier was allowed to call me that, no one else.

I constantly kept trying to push him away, as it got harder and harder to breathe. This was it. Xavier wouldn't want me after this, who would- so what's the point. It's disgusting, knowing that I can't fight back from my own father. I'm a Luna, I should be able to.

I felt him get closer and closer to me, groping me everywhere before placing himself between my legs.

"Stop! Someone help me! Help!" I sobbed hopelessly once more, praying that someone would rescue me last minute.

My prayers seemed to be answered, because just seconds later before my father took me he being pushed off of my roughly.

There were loud voices around me, screaming my name. But I couldn't focus on that, I couldn't. I needed to get out of here.

I then heard sickening cracks along with pleading yells of my father. I looked over in the direction the loud noises were coming from, and who was doing this to my father.

It was Xavier. My Xavier.

I watched him relentlessly beat my father to death, and I could tell his wolf was on surface.

He was shaking furiously, while giving him dozens and dozens of punches to the stomach and nose. Then, he threw him against the cement wall. I heard his spine crack, making more tears stream down my face. I needed to get out of here.

I buried my head in my knees, letting the salty tears fall freely down my face. I was disgusted with myself.

Then, I felt a blanket being wrapped around my bare frame, and a hand rubbing my shoulder.

"Xavier! Stop! She needs you." I heard a female voice yell exasperated. I sobbed more, the panic attack rising up again.

I peeked through my fingers, flinching when I saw how many people were crowding around me. Xavier stood out, however, and I when laid eyes on him his eyes immediately softened. His tall frame walked towards me with slow movements, acting as if I would break at any moment.

I soon felt his warmth radiating onto me, soft growls still erupting from his chest from the extreme anger he had felt just moments before. "Lacey?" He asked, only loud enough for me to hear.

My throat felt dry, and I still kept my head buried in my hands. I hated myself for letting this happen.

"P-please get me o-out of here." I said, my voice groggy from crying. He seemed to understand, because soon I was being lifted into his arms. I buried myself into his arms, acting as if he could shield me from the harsh world.

Soon, I felt myself drifting to sleep- for nightmares only to haunt me.

"Lacey? Please wake up baby." I heard Xavier whisper, before feeling a calloused thumb trail down my cheekbone. I peeled my eyes open, relief flooding me when I saw Xavier was truly standing in front of me. I sat up, perhaps too too fast because my head started to spin.

"Xavier?" I croaked out, mixed emotion tears welling up in my eyes. Just moments later, his arms encircled around my waist gently- treating me fragile, like a China doll. I clawed at his shirt, tears starting to stream down my face while he held me in my lap.

"You're okay baby, everything is okay. You're here with me, please don't cry. I love you, so so much." He whispered, raking a soft hand through my knotty, damp hair.

My loud sobs eventually turned into hiccups, yet his comforting words never stopped. "T-thank you." I whispered, burying my head in his chest before breathing his comforting scent in deeply.

"There's no need to thank me, babygirl. I would do it over and over again." He said truthfully, while brushing a stray blonde lock away from my face. I don't know how long he held me for, but I didn't care. I needed it.

---
25k reads is so crazy. I cannot thank you all enough :) 20 votes and 8 comments for the next chapter! Love you all so much. Longer chapter next, I promise. By the way, something VERY exciting will be happening soon, so stay tuned babes :D
Corinne