Chapter Twenty-Seven ▫ Anything's Possible.

Brittany's POV

I groan as I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Luckily there's already coffee made since I woke up in the middle of night to puke and turned on the pot. I sip on my warm drink in hopes that it'll soothe my aching head and try to remember what happened last night.

I don't remember anything after the third song I mean except for maybe the taste of my drink. I was on a mission to have a good time and forget about all of my troubles with the brown eyed, brunette, guitar player that stole and broke my heart. I'm not entirely sure how I got home.

Holy shit my car!

I put down my mug and rush to the front door. When I swing it open I let out a gasp and barely stop myself from running into...Santana.

Santana:Woah there tiger.

Brittany:(Clears her throat)Um what are you doing here?

Santana:(Holds up a pair of keys and a bag) You left these at Finn's place last night. I figured you would want them back along with your car.

Brittany:(Slowly takes the keys)Thank you. You didn't have to do that.

Santana:I wanted to.

...

Brittany:Well um...thanks again for the keys. I really-

Santana:You wanna grab something to eat? I'm sure some pancakes and a few strips of bacon would help with that hangover.

Brittany:Santana I...

Santana:Please?

...

Brittany:Give me a minute to get ready.

----

Silence between Santana and I used to be so comfortable but now it's awkward and nerve wrecking. I don't know why I agreed to do this. Obviously she brought me here to talk but I'm not sure I'm ready to hear everything. She looks so perfect as she sits in front of me and nibbles away at her pancakes. Damn her for being so attractive.

Santana:(Clears her throat and sips her drink).

Brittany:(Sits quietly).

Santana:Brittany I owe you a huge apology.

Brittany:(Looks at Santana).

Santana:(Glances around and leans forward)I shouldn't have let you walk away that night and I shouldn't have blown you off whenever you tried to reach out-

Brittany:Then why did you Santana?

Santana:I was confused. I was angry. I felt alone. Everything was piling up and I didn't know how to handle it.

Brittany:You hurt me Santana. Admit it. You believed everything Jake was saying.

Santana:(Shakes her head)No...I mean not completely. Look even if Jake didn't say those things I was still gonna be insecure and jealous when it came to you and Sam.

Brittany:Because of your ex?

Santana:(Sighs and looks down)Yeah.

Brittany:Why didn't you just tell me about what happened?

Santana:I thought I was over it but thinking about you and Sam just made me realize-

Brittany:You aren't over her.

Santana:No. I mean yes. I mean I'm over her but I hadn't confronted Sam about what he had done and I hadn't spoken to her about it either. I just kinda told myself to get over it and thought I had.