Chapter Seventeen ▫ She Makes Me Feel.

Brittany's POV

After breakfast at a small diner in town Santana and I go to her house and get comfortable in her room. She grabs her guitar and sits in her desk chair then begins strumming softly. I sit in the middle of her bed with my legs crossed and my attention completely on her.

Watching Santana play music and perform has become one of my favorite things. When she's in the zone she seems so carefree and happy. It's like nothing can take her attention away from the music and that's because she truly loves it.

Brittany:Play something for me.

Santana:(Grins and looks at Brittany)Original or-

Brittany:Original.

Santana:(Pauses then smiles and starts playing)

....

Santana:(Sings softly)
I try to fight it.
But every time it's like a brand new car or a drug and you know you're gonna try it.
When they tell you that you can't do that but you will and you know you're gonna like it.
When you light a flame it grows.
If you set a bomb it's gonna blow.
When I see your pretty little face that I want to know that.

I watch as Santana sings and strums the guitar effortlessly. As she sings her eyes find mine every once in a while and each time they do my heart skips a beat.

Santana:(Sings and strums the guitar)
I don't want to fall asleep without you.
I don't want to take one breath without you.
I don't even know one thing about you.
But give me everything about you.
It's only been a moment it's true.
But I could never live this life without you.

The brunette strums the guitar one last time then looks up at me shyly.

Santana:Uh how was that?

Brittany:(Smiles widely)I loved it. You sounded great and played beautifully.

Santana:(Smiles)It's not finished and I'm enjoying the writing process.

Brittany:I'm so jealous. You're a singer, songwriter,-

Santana:I'm hot.

Brittany:(Playfully rolls her eyes).

Santana smiles and puts down her guitar. Moving with ease she gets onto her bed and sits against the headboard. Without hesitating I move so that I'm between her legs and leaning back against her chest. She wraps her arms around me and buries her face in my neck.

Brittany:(Smiles and relaxes).

Santana:(Speaks softly)I enjoy spending time with you Britt Bratt.

Brittany:(Chuckles)I enjoy spending time with you too San.

Santana:Can I ask you something?

Brittany:(Nods).

Santana:When you first moved away what was it like?

....

Brittany:Well...I was scared. I mean what kid wouldn't be? I was sad because I was leaving behind my best friend.

Santana:(Smiles)Awww. Keep going

Brittany:(Chuckles)Once I got there I started to excited especially when my mom was telling me about my new school and all the places we could check out. The longer we stayed the more I felt at home. I had bad days where I missed being here...with you but eventually they came around less and less.

Santana:Moving is already stressful but moving to a different state must be-

Brittany:Physically and emotionally draining? Yup. You'll know all about that when you're traveling across the world rockstar.