Chapter Twelve ▫ The Cheerio.

Brittany's POV

I spend the next two days in and out of stores shopping for school clothes and supplies. When I wasn't doing that I was working on my cheer routine. Ryder was kind enough to edit the music and he got it back to me right away. Santana and I had exchanged a few texts since we last saw each other but it wasn't much and we never brought up the kiss. I hadn't spoken to Sasha or Ashley either. I had to focus solely on my routine. At least until tryouts were over.

After another grueling afternoon of practice my body is sore and exhausted. I take a hot shower then get dressed and set up a movie on my laptop. I'm a few minutes into the movie when a knock on the door draws my attention. I pause the movie and call for the person to come in. I can't help the excitement that comes over me when Santana opens the door and steps inside.

Brittany:(Sits up and smiles)What are you doing here?

Santana:(Walks over to the bed and sits down)Your mom told me about tryouts. I figured I'd come over and check on you.

Brittany:That's very sweet.

Santana:Your mom thinks you've been overworking yourself.

Brittany:I'm... making up for lost time.

Santana:Britt-

Brittany:Wait look the first round of tryouts are tomorrow and all I need is a yes.

Santana:What happens in the second round of tryouts?

Brittany:It's just a second chance for the people who receive a maybe.

Santana:(Looks at Brittany)Promise me you'll take a break soon.

Brittany:I will I promise.

Santana:(Slowly leans in and pecks Brittany's lips).

Brittany:(Cups Santana's face and kisses her).

Santana:(Smiles into the kiss).

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I made you guys a snack."

Brittany:(Groans)Come in!

Christina:(Walks in and sits a bowl of popcorn on the desk)Enjoy the movie.

Brittany:(Smiles tightly)Thanks. Mom.

Christina:No problem sweetie. Also I'm going to request that the door remains open slightly.

Brittany:Mom!

Santana:(Chuckles)Understood Ms. Pierce.

Christina:(Smiles and walks out).

Brittany:(Looks at Santana)When you laugh it encourages her.

Santana:She's funny.

Brittany:Never say that again.

Santana:(Laughs and grabs the popcorn then sits on the bed).

Brittany:(Grabs some)So um how have you been?

Santana:(Eats some popcorn)I've been good. The band is still blowing up on social media.

Brittany:(Eats some popcorn)That's amazing. You guys deserve the recognition.

Santana:Thanks. I'm back to working afternoons at the coffee shop.

Brittany:I should probably start looking into a job. I can't believe I forgot about that.

Santana:You should check out BreadStix they're short on waitresses.

Brittany:(Nods)I will. Thanks.