Hesitant [16]

Kennedy smiled as she read the card Sheamus and Cesaro dropped off in her office along with some chocolates. The tag team felt bad for injuring their boss, but Kennedy made sure to ensure them that it was just an accident and there were no hard feelings.

Although she loved being back at work, she missed being home with her sisters and Jon. Thankfully, her sister loved Jon, and they got along really well. They all were bummed out when Jon had to leave after a few days to head back on the road, but he promised them that he would visit again when he had the chance.

"Hey darling." Jon smiled, stepping into her office.

"I missed you." She said pulling him into a kiss and relaxing her head on his shoulder.

"Me too, who got you these?" He asked, pointing at the box of chocolates.

"Sheamus and Cesaro. They felt bad for what happened so they gifted me it." He nodded his head and grabbed her hand to lead her over to the couch.

"You sure you're feeling okay? Your head doesn't hurt?" Kennedy grinned and nodded her head.

Jon had been adamant about her taking it easy and telling him if she felt off. She loved that he cared so much.

"I'm fine, babe. Doc cleared me so there isn't anything to worry about. I promise." She pecked his lips and beamed.

"I just making sure. Can't have you getting hurt." He said rubbing her hand against her leg.

"You're so sweet. How was it while I was gone?" Jon scrunched his forehead and swung his head.

"Your grandpa was a bit grumpy because it was busy. He likes it a lot better when you're here." Kennedy smiled at the thought, never in a million years did she think she would be working this job.

"Can you blame him? I am a girl boss." She flipped her hair and smirked while Jon laughed.

"Damn right you are." He compliment cupping her cheeks to bring her in for a romantic kiss.

Their lips moved in sync while Jon swiped his tongue along her bottom lip asking her to her let him in which she did. While the two were making out they didn't hear her mom come in the room and shake her head.

"Really, you two?" Stephanie said, making the couple pull away and look at her in shock.

"Mom! Don't you knock!?" Kennedy cried out, feeling her cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"It was unlocked, so I assumed I could come in. You know, you need to start locking the door. Your father could have walked in and went crazy." Steph warned and they nodded their heads.

Jon broke the awkward silence and grinned up at her mom.

"Thanks for letting me get time off and stay at your home. I appreciate it a lot." He told her and she smiled affectionately.

"It's no problem, Jon. The other three girls said they loved hanging out with you."

"Yea because they made fun of me the whole time." Kennedy scoffed, crossing her arms, and Jon and her mother chuckled.

"You're over-reacting. All we did was say you looked funny after getting your wisdoms out." Jon teased poking his girlfriend's side making her crack a laugh.

"Jon, if you don't mind, could I have a word with Kennedy alone?" Stephanie asked, and he nodded his head, pecking Kennedy on the lips and making his way out.

"What's up mom?"

"You need to tell your father soon. It's eating me up, lying to him." Stephanie sighed, taking a seat on the couch.