A Roadblock [47]

"Hi, I'm Kennedy, this is my husband Jon." She beamed, introducing her and Jon to the fertility specialist they were seeing today.

Brie was kind enough to send them a referral to a great specialist with even greater reviews, so Jon and Kennedy made it a priority to book an appointment with her the second they got back home. They were both looking forward to hearing what she had to say and hopefully getting back good feedback so they could start trying for a baby with no issues to worry about.

The doctor stuck her hand out and gave both of them a shake and a cheerful smile. "Nice to meet you guys. My name is Dr. Colace. Please have seat." She gestured to the chairs that were in front of her desk and going to sit in her chair.

She flipped through their file before peering back up at them. "So I hear you both are looking to begin trying for a baby soon?"

Kennedy nodded her head and grinned. "Yes! In the next month or so."

"Can I ask why you're waiting?" The doctor sought.

"We're professional wrestlers. She has a match in three weeks so we can't really get ahead start until after." Jon answered as the doctor chuckled and gave them both a surprised look.

"Professional wrestlers, huh? Like in WWE?" she asked curiously as Kennedy and Jon nodded and he pointed to his wife.

"She's Vince McMahon's granddaughter—Triple H and Stephanie's daughter. Now my wife." Kennedy shook her head and laughed, patting Jon's leg.

"No way! I grew up watching in the 90s, but I haven't watched it since. I might need to get back into it."

"You definitely should. The product has really evolved." Kennedy told her and the doctor smiled warmly.

"In that case, we'll start with you, Kennedy. I'm just going to ask you a few questions and I'll add the information to the file." Dr. Colace explained, taking a glance up at Kennedy, who nodded and sat up straighter.

"So it says here you're 23, 125lbs, and you're currently on birth control." She read from the papers and looked up at Kennedy, who nodded her head.

"When did you begin taking birth control?"

Kennedy thought for a minute, "I believe at eighteen or nineteen. I started it because I had awful period cramps, so the pill helped reduce the pain."

The doctor made some notes on the paper and looked back up at the couple. "Have you been consistent with taking them?"

Kennedy laughed nervously and looked at Jon, who gave her a comforting look. "I try to be. Some days I miss it because I totally forget, but I know to never double up on the pill to make up for the day. I'd say I take it pretty regularly, but there are days where it does slip my mind."

Dr. Colace gave her a reassuring look and spoke, "It's totally normal to forget and I'm glad you know not to take two pills in one day. But just know that if you even miss one day of the pill and end up having unprotected sex before or after, you do have an increased chance of pregnancy." She told them as Kennedy and Jon nodded.

"Now, any history with substance or drug abuse?"

"No." Kennedy replied

"Suffering from anxiety and depression?"

"No"

"History with any eating disorders?"

Kennedy took a deep breath, Jon reaching to hold one of her hands tightly, rubbing his thumb across his knuckles. He knew that this was a sensitive topic for her and the only people who knew about it were him and her family. It was one of those things that she just didn't enjoy talking about, especially after the hell she went through.