Daddy's Champ! [41]

"I know, I'm so sorry, Zoe-Zoe." Kennedy said softly as the child began to cry.

They were at the doctors getting Zoey's shots done and it was safe to say that it was breaking both Kennedy's and Jon's heart seeing their daughter cry and not being able to do anything.

"All done." The doctor said, finishing the last of the three shots and placing a bandaid over the area.

"Such a brave girl." Jon said, swooping Zoey into his arms and keeping her close to stop her from crying.

"She may be fussy throughout the day, but it's totally normal. She'll most likely nap a little more than usual and have decreased energy levels, but she'll be all better tomorrow." The doctor told them as they nodded and gathered their items to leave.

"I did not like that." Kennedy sighed in the elevator as Jon nodded, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"I didn't either, but getting her shots is important. It keeps her safe and healthy." He told her and she nodded as the doors opened and they walked to the car.

"Should we head to the arena now or do you want to get a bite to eat?" Kennedy proposed as she watched Jon get Zoey into her car seat and buckled up.

"Bite to eat. I'm starving." He said, clutching his stomach. They settled on a little diner in town and ordered their food while Zoey napped in her stroller.

"Are you excited to be on SmackDown?" Kennedy smirked as Jon nodded and rubbed his collarbone.

Though they were both on the Raw brand, her grandfather wanted Jon to secure a match on SmackDown because ratings were fairly low and it wouldn't hurt to get one of the big stars on the brand just for one match.

"And it'll be in my hometown." He added, watching as she took a sip of her water.

"That's right. Your family will be in the audience." She told him, remembering that she has secured tickets for Sandy, Michelle, and Alice.

"Do you think Alice and Zoe will get along?" Jon asked as Kennedy laughed and nodded her head obviously.

"Alice is a sweetheart. Of course, she'll get along with Zoey. I mean, she gets along with all my sisters and they're a handful." She joked, making him chuckle softly.

"It's your birthday in a few weeks." He told her as she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Yea, don't remind me. I'm getting old."

"Hey! I just turned 31. What does that mean?" He said as she giggled uncontrollably and shook her head, reaching for his hand.

"I'm joking stud, like I said before, you're in your prime. It just feels weird to be turning 23 and already being engaged and having a baby." She told him and he kissed her hand.

"I know, but you're one hot MILF if you ask me." He winked, flashing her his dimpled smile that she loved.

"You're so flirty. I love it." She said, reaching up to pinch his cheek.

Soon they got their food and began eating quickly before Zoey would wake up and start to fuss at the restaurant. Thankfully, Kennedy and Jon were living pretty private lives as no paparazzi were ever in their faces since Mania, and all the superstars and people they were working with didn't spill any dirt to reporters about their recent adoption. They liked living a private life away from the cameras when it wasn't apart of work. Plus, they didn't want to hear any comments on what people thought about them adopting Zoey—people always spun words and turned it into awful and out of the world things.

Soon they arrived at the arena and Kennedy had a meeting with her parents and grandfather about her new storyline with Ashley. So far the boss gimmick was getting boring and Vince wanted to ensure that Kennedy didn't lose momentum with the fans, so they had to work quick getting the storyline in check so that the story would be worth telling for the fans.