Chapter Twenty Seven

"Say yes." The feminine voice spoke out of nowhere.

At the same time, two growls erupted throughout the water filled room, I knew instantly they both belonged to Mason and my father. The reason for their growls was clear; I am naked in front of another man. I jumped into the bright, blue heated water to cover my nakedness. Mason obviously wasn't that bothered about being naked as he walked swiftly to a chair, grabbing a towel, he wrapped it around his waist to cover his manhood. My feet touched the bottom of the 6" pool, the water stopping at my chin. I finally looked towards my father and the intruder.

"Mother!" I whisper-shouted to myself as realisation hit me, I had totally forgot about her. Oh my god. I am such a horrible daughter. The enormous grin that erupted from her mouth made tears form in my eyes. I glanced at my father who was glancing between the both of us with so much love in his eyes.

I looked over at Mason who was sitting on the chair, elbows on knees, and an irritated expression on his face. He clearly wasn't happy about my parents interrupting his marriage proposal. Ignoring him, I brought my attention back to my parents, because if I didn't Mason's mood would have darkened mine.

"Well since you aren't in the best place to be talking, we will leave you to get changed. Come and meet us out on the balcony in ten minutes." Before I could answer my father, he was pulling my mother away.

I pulled myself out of the water, dripping wet, I trotted over to the chair to get my big fluffy towel. I ignored Mason while I was drying myself. I was kind of thankful that my parents interrupted because I really don't know what I would have said because honestly, I don't think I'm ready to get married yet, it was just too soon after Damon.

"Well?" Mason stared intently at me while leaning back on the chair, lifting his right leg on top of the left. I knew exactly what he was talking about. He wanted an answer. "Not now Mason." I replied irritated. Wrapping the towel around my body I made an exit towards the door. I took about four steps away from him when his warm hand gripped my wrist, harshly.

I instantly flinched from the harshness making him loosen his grip, "Please don't be like this. If you don't want to marry me then just tell me." He says serious, his eyes taking in every inch of my face looking for a reaction.

I sighed, turning around to face him. "Look Mason, I don't know. Look at me and look at you. You are this big Alpha with large muscles, the face of a god and enough confidence for the 7 billion people that live on the planet. Then there is me. The small pathetic wolf that looks like this..." I gestured to myself removing my wrist from his grip completely as I took a step away from him.

"I mean I'm messed up, I still suffer from anxiety and depression because I couldn't defend myself against a stupid man." I remind him, pausing as I look away from his eyes to the pool. "Mason not that long ago I was suicidal." I confess wanting him to know fully what he was getting himself into with me, I wasn't all roses and love hearts.

Mason gasped, his eyes darkening. No one knows that I tried to kill myself multiple times when I was Damon. "Do you really think I want you to be tied down with me? I don't. I don't trust men anymore." Even though the tears were in my eyes, I spoke calmly. I wasn't going to let myself break down in front of him. He stood there intently, listening, staring at me.

If things were going to get marriage serious with us then I thought I ought to be honest with you, completely honest. Yes you were my mate and I felt the tingles and the sparks, you marked me and everything was good, apart from the one thing stuck in my mind, Henry. "And since I am being totally honest right now I should tell you that you are not the only person I have feelings for." I confess quickly so I wouldn't back out of it. I knew this was going to make him angry but I had to tell him, it has been eating me up inside making my depression worse. I haven't seen Henry in a long time but my feelings towards him were still very much there.

"What!" his loud angered voice erupted throughout the room, I'm sure everyone else in this house heard him. I could feel the anger pouring off of him as he heard those words from me. He knew this wasn't normal, when mated neither of us would ever be able to fall for anyone else.

"I'm sorry." I spoke softly looking at the ground "I thought they would disappear once I met you, once I mated with you but they haven't! I wished they would've gone." My voice quiet as I avoid your gaze, clutching the towel around me. I felt like I deserved an easy life after what I've been through but I guess the universe didn't believe so.

"Who!" he roared so loud I automatically took a step away from him. I was absolutely terrified of him right now, his eyes were coal black, his wolf fighting to take over in this situation. I knew if that happened I wouldn't be safe.

I took a deep breath as I lifted my head to look up at him. "Henry Baker." I stated firmly, even saying his name gave me butterflies. I didn't dare move a muscle out of fear. A loud animalistic growl came from his chest, a growl I have never heard before in my life. "A fucking Vampire Mia!" he grabbed the chair that he previously took residence on and threw it across the large room, making two of the large floor to ceiling windows break into tiny pieces.

Now I was fucking scared. I decided it was finally time to run. While he was breathing heavily, I turned and ran towards the door that was only a few metres away from me. As I reached the door my father came around the corner with an angry look on his face. I instantly latched on to him, gripping on to him for safety. "Daddy!" I breathed in relief. He was always the one to save me.

Mason turned around, eyes as black as coal as he and my father stared at each other angrily. "Care to explain why you are raising your voice at my daughter and acting violently around her!" my father did not shout, he rarely did but when he used his alpha voice it made you want to run and hide, preferably miles away, like in Ireland.

I could see Masons chest rising and falling as he tried to control himself. "I think she has another mate." He said through gritted teeth. My heart fell into my stomach as I glanced up at my father. My father gave me a look before we both turned our attention to Mason, with wide eyes.

I assumed he was just overreacting due to the jealousy of me having feelings for someone else.

_________________
(Photo) The Swimming Pool/ Hot tub room.