Fingers Crossed

*Four Lovely Years Later* The Summer Before Fifth Year

I was clutching the letter from Durmstrang, with too much excitement and joy. All I was placing my focus was "Head Girl"! Me... The Head Girl of Durmstrang institute. I couldn't resist my excitement. I yelled on the top of my lungs with joy.

My father ran inside my room with great confusion and worry. "What happened? Are you alright? Did someone break in? Did your wand suddenly explode?!"

"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Calm down. I'm fine, but look!" I gave him the letter from Hogwarts telling me that I just turned to Head Girl.

When he finished reading, he asked, "What exactly is Head Girl?"

 "It's like a prefect, but higher," I said proudly.

 His frowning face didn't change. "Daddy... Aren't you happy for me?"

 "I am, darling, it's just... We have to talk. Come down stairs in five minutes."

 I stared at him blankly and nodded. Dad smiled, ruffled my hair and left my room. Then I started to worry. What did they have to tell me? Hopefully it wasn't about Durmstrang. But what if it is?! Oh, my Voldemort! No, no. Just calm down. Act awesome and stern.

 I went to my long mirror and stared at myself. A lot has changed ever since first year at Durmstrang. I grew out my blonde hair to my mid-back, with layers, my eyes were a bit brighter, my lips were still thin, I'm more taller then most of the girls in school and... I'm the number one student. Beast! Noah started to chirp and coo.

 "Oh, c'mon, Noah. Don't start that now. You know Daddy doesn't like when you chip," I said to my owl. I poked my finger though the cage and scratched his neck softly. He coed more and started to dance around the cage.

 "Darling!" My mother, Iris, called from downstairs. "Come down, please!"

 "Yes, Mum!" I called back. I sighed at myself and to Noah and went downstairs. My parents were sitting on the kitchen table with a cup of coffee on their hands. I went to the refrigerator, grabbed a water bottle and sat down opposite to them.

 My mother had a conspicuous look on her face that held great worry and sadness. I have always thought her as a beautiful woman. Curly blonde hair, honey eyes, and flawless skin. Aside from my father who had a quite different look. He had tangled light brown hair, light brown hair, and had a fit body. I'm a complete mixture of them both!

 Mother started to talk. "Darling... As you know, your father and I are both managers in a traveling business. By now, we never had to move away from this home, but two weeks ago, your father received a promotion."

 "That's great!" I said smiling. "Congrats, Dad!"

 "Yes, but... You're dad got a promotion in Australia."

 "Excuse me? Australia? Really?!"

 "Yes, Daisy," Dad said.

 "So... does that mean... we have to move there?!" I said, staring to worry. I looked at them and they nodded. "No! No! I can't! What about Durmstrang?! You know how important it is to me! You can't just throw it away! I have to finish my education in magic! It's my passion!" I yelled.

 "Daisy! Don't you dare yell!" Dad shouted.

 "Why, Dad? Why?! Don't you know that there I felt special! I just got a letter that I was going to be Head Girl! Do you know how much of an honor that is?! Most Head Girls and Boys don't get to be that until their sixth year! I got it when I'm going to fifth!" Tears started to flow in my eyes.