Go Home Safely

Daisy could see it in Adam's face that he was surprised by the reaction of Sylvia. Most of the time, his death threats would send the person screaming and begging for life but not Sylvia Red. Who knew she was this fearless?

Adam cleared his throat and laughed his usual sickening laugh, "Oh, Sylvia Red. If I were to kill you, you would be useless to me. And I need you."

"Why do you need me? Why do you need to do any of this?" Sylvia demanded.

"It's too much for your small insolent brain to understand!"

Sylvia stood her ground. "My brain is not small and insolent. I will not stand here and helplessly give up my magic because you want me to. We are wizards and witches, Adam. We're the same as you."

"Don't you dare say that!" He shouted, clenching his fists.

"But we are. The only difference is our line of wizards in the family." She walked to Daisy who was standing behind Adam. "Take Daisy and me for example. She is a Muggle born. Both of her parents do not do magic and live normal Muggle lives. I am a pureblood. My father works in the Ministry and my mother is a magical creatures caretaker." Daisy looked at Sylvia and nodded with a sympathetic look. Adam stared, trying to figure out her point. "However, we are all the same."

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Adam cursed.

Sylvia reached and held Daisy's hand. She raised the palm of her hand to her mouth. Daisy looked at Sylvia with a raised brow and Sylvia whispered, "I'm a little bit sorry to what I'm about to do."

Before Daisy could ask what she meant, Sylvia with all of her might bit Daisy's palm. The blonde girl yelled in immense pain with tears escaping from the corners of her eyes. It was so painful that Daisy couldn't keep her balance and knelt to the ground. Sylvia bit her until blood seeped from Daisy's skin.

"What are you doing?!" Bradley yelled from up the cages.

"Look at her blood, Adam!" Sylvia demanded with Daisy's blood covering her lips and teeth.

"What about it...?" Adam whispered, horror struck. The life in his green eyes were gone as he looked at Daisy's bloody palm.

"Now look at mine," Sylvia said, taking a deep breath. Daisy looked up, trying to escape from Sylvia's strong grip. Then, with the same strength as when she bit Daisy, Sylvia bit the palm of her hand. She groaned in pain but continued to bite until blood covered most of her palm. When Sylvia released her teeth from her palm, she walked to Adam with Daisy being pulled by Sylvia. Adam stood in front of the two girls, not knowing what to expect. The smug look was converted to a look of pure confusion and horror.

"Look at our blood, Adam," Sylvia said to Adam, showing her and Daisy's palm. "Tell me if you see a difference."

Adam looked away.

Sylvia scoffed, let go of Daisy and grabbed Adam's left hand. She slapped her blood onto his hand. She then grabbed Daisy's hand that was covered in blood and slapped it onto Adam's right hand.

"Look at our blood, Adam!" Sylvia demanded again. "And tell me if you see a difference."

Meekly, Adam, with trembling hands, looked down at them and saw blood that wasn't his own dripping down. At first, the crimson color of both of the girls' blood intrigued him. He raised both hands closer to his face to find anything particular about it but there was nothing. Sylvia Red's blood and Daisy Dursley's blood looked exactly the same. One wasn't darker or lighter than any other. The smell was the same iron smell. A Pureblood's blood and Muggle born's blood looked exactly the same.

"Tell me, Adam," Sylvia started. "Do you see a difference?"

Adam didn't speak. Instead, he just looked at the two girls. He placed his left hand on Sylvia's cheek and his right on on Daisy's cheek. Adam looked straight into Sylvia eyes and licked his lips to say something.

"Silly girl," Adam started.

Before he could finish, a huge boom was heard behind the walls of the Great Hall. Everyone turned to the door where the boom was heard the loudest and waited and asked who or what made that sound. A second boom was heard but it was louder. The students up on the cages and the Risebloods on the ground tensed and readied themselves for what was to come.

Suddenly, the doors swung open and like a miracle, Aurors and people from the Ministry of Magic made their way through the doors. The students up the cages slammed their hands onto the metal of the cage to notify where they were. Some students even exclaimed in happiness that they were saved.

"Risebloods!" Adam yelled, getting off his trance of the blood. "Fight! Attack! GO!" In the blink of an eye, spells and enchantments were being thrown from side to side.

Sylvia held onto Daisy's not-bloody hand and ran away from Adam and to the Ministry people. Sylvia found her father and ran as quickly as she could to him. Daisy couldn't keep up and let Sylvia's hand go but followed closely after. When Bryson Red saw Sylvia, he ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh, Sylvia, I'm so glad your safe!" Bryson said. He hugged her tightly. He let her go and saw Daisy behind his daughter. "Daisy! C'mere! I'm glad you are safe, too." Daisy's face lit up and hugged Bryson.

"Dad, we have to get the students out of the cages!" Sylvia said.

"What is going on? I got the invisible owl from Gretchen and-,"

"No time to explain, Dad. Right now, we have to get out of Hogwarts now!"

Bryson nodded. "You heard that, right?!" He shouted to the Ministry and Aurors. "Save the children and get out of here!" He quickly escorted Daisy and Sylvia out of the Great Hall where Risebloods were no where to be seen.

"Where do we go, Dad?" Sylvia asked.

Bryson opened a large door that lead to the main outside corridor of Hogwarts. A couple of wizards were there, standing watch. They were hard to see in the darkness of the night but their ginger hair was easy to recognize. Daisy recognized them and smiled.

"Uncle Ron! Uncle George!" Daisy exclaimed, hugging them. The two ginger wizards hugged their niece tightly and released her.

Bryson instructed, "Ron, George, I want you to lead the children safely out of Hogwarts. I know I can count on you."

George smirked and said, "Sir, escaping Hogwart's ground is my specialty."

"Good. Sylvia, I have to go help the rest. I'll see you later," Bryson said, kissing Sylvia's forehead.

"Thank you, Dad," Sylvia told him. He nodded and joined the rest of the Ministry and Aurors.

"We just need to wait for others to arrive. It'll be better in groups," Ron said.

Just as Ron said that, Gretchen, Boris, Bradley, Scorpius and many other classmates arrived at the corridor. When Sylvia and Daisy saw Gretchen, Boris and Bradley, they ran to them and hugged them tightly.

"Oh, my gosh," Gretchen sighed in relief. "I was so scared... Sylvia, you are so brave."

"I don't even know what I was doing," Sylvia admitted.

"Oy! We don't have time for chitchat. There is a battle going on and we need to get out outta here," George said. "C'mon, follow me."

George led the way as the children followed closely behind him. They broke into a small jog so they can go a bit faster. Scorpius ran next to Daisy and nudged her with his elbow. Daisy looked at Scorpius with a small smile.

"Hey," Scorpius said.

"Hi," She said.

"Are you okay?"

Daisy shook her head and continued to run in silence. George stopped in another corridor and began to stamp his foot on each tile. A tile rattled and opened. Ginny Weasley emerged from the tile and smiled at her older brother.

"Aunt Ginny," Daisy exclaimed.

Ginny put her finger on her lips and winked at Daisy. "We have to be quiet. Hurry, in here. Quickly, now. One by one, the children squeezed into the tile and found themselves in a secret passage way. George left Ginny with the children to bring the other group.

The passage way was low so most of them had to duck to get their way. Ginny got out her wand and whispered, "Lumos." A bright light shinned on the tip of her wand like a flashlight. "Go on, kids. It's a one way path. Once you see an open door, wait for further instructions." Some of the kids got out their wands and also casted Lumos. Daisy bowed her head as she went through the passage with her wand at hand, illuminating the way. She looked at the palm where Sylvia bit her and saw that it stopped bleeding. All that was left was a path of dry blood that traveled all the way to her elbow.