A Tiresome Thing

It happened, one by one, in front of Daisy's eyes. The Risebloods casted a spell on her that Adam created that made her static, meaning that she couldn't talk or move. She could see but she couldn't do anything. Adam kept true to his word and did what he told Daisy what he was going to do. He was taking away their magic. Most of the students begged and pleaded but the Risebloods had no mercy. 

For what Daisy gathered, it was like a ritual. The wizard or witch would kneel on both knees in front of Adam with their wrists and palms facing up. The wizard had to keep eye contact with him or else it'll be more painful. Adam would then press his thumbs on the wizards wrists and mumble something that Daisy couldn't hear. Usually, the wizard would scream in pain and agony. That kept going for five minutes. After the minutes were up, Adam carefully grabbed the almost-magic-less wizard's hands and placed them on Adam's cheeks. The hands would be placed for two minutes precisely and the wizard would then lose conscious.

The sight was painful to watch. Here were all of Daisy's friends that she knew, sort of knew or not at all, getting their magic taken away from them. Even though she didn't know all of them, she couldn't help but feel like it was all her fault.

Daisy has been watching for two days. She already gave up. She knew there was nothing she could do. She felt powerless and helpless and weak. Adam would remind her of that every day. At first, he tried to teach her how to take away their magic but Daisy couldn't do it. "Coward!" Adam would shout. Then he would go on and rant about how his mother would be so dissapointed. 

Over seventy kids' magic were lost. When they would ask where the magic went, Adam would reply, "That's not of your concern is it, Clay." Clay was a word that Adam made up that meant "One who had but lost." The second days rolled by and Adam was getting tired of taking away magic. It was in fact a tiresome thing to do. One morning, about three weeks after he invaded Hogwards, Adam walked over to Daisy who was sitting quietly on a chair reading a depressing young adult novel about a couple that has cancer. He sat in the chair opposite to her and even though Daisy did notice him, she conitnued to read.

"Daisy," Adam started. Daisy didn't move. "Do you think what I'm doing is right?" Again, Daisy didn't do anything. "Because, I mean, this is what my mother and her mother and her mother's mother wanted but is this what I want?" Daisy rolled her eyes but conintued to read. "All my life, I've wanted to make my mother happy, you know? But now... I've seen the horror and the pain I've given these Purebloods and Clays and now..." 

This is where Daisy looked up. Did he finally understand what he was doing?

Adam scoffed and snickered. "Is sympathy your weakness? The only way for me to get to talk to you is by feeling bad for people?"

Daisy tried to contain her anger and looked back at her book. She read each line but wasn't taking in any information. She just wanted to pretend she wasn't paying any attention to Adam.

"What did my mother see in you?" Adam asked. "Well, you were only a baby so how could she see anything in you. Maybe it was the fact that you're Harry Potter's relative. Still, she could've chosen a better candidate..." Adam stood up and dragged his chair next to Daisy's and sat down. Daisy didn't budge. Adam stared at Daisy and slowly tucked her hair behind her right ear. Daisy moved her head to get Adam the hell away from her. The boy snickered and leaned his head closer to Daisy's and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Daisy stood up from her chair and used the book to smack Adam across his face. She hit him so hard that he was thrown off of his chair and to the floor. In paused breathed, Daisy demanded, "Get. The. Hell. Away. From. Me."

"No," Adam answered, getting up and rubbing his cheek. "I am so infatuated by you, Daisy." He was stepping closer to Daisy with each word he said. "Everything about you is so interesting. I am in charge of this family and I could toss away my mother's plan to use you but I don't want to toss you. I am not going to make you in charge of anything but I still want you to be the face of rebellion." By this time, he led Daisy to a corner of the room and used his arms and the rest of his body to block Daisy from esacping. "With your hot body and sexy face, everyone will listen and be inticed just like I am to you."