People Aren't What They Seem, Especially Your Partner

I sighed when the name was said.

“From Beauxbaton, seventh year… Frances Prevot!" the Headmaster yelled.

Inside of me, I was doing a small victory dance. I looked at the Beauxbaton’s table and saw a girl with light brown hair, she was short and she looked sweet. When she went up to me, she smiled gladly and hugged me.

Both of us went to the Champion’s Room with our arms locked. Looks like I’ve got a new friend! I smiled at Albus and his partner in crime.

All of us listened for the next names.

“From Durmstrang… Boris Nilsen!” called the Headmaster.

“Whoo hoo!” I yelled from the room.

“As Boris’s partner… Scorpius Malfoy!”

Albus and I looked at each other in shock and we both groaned. Great.

“Sucks for Boris,” I murmured under my breath.

“Why? Is he a Muggle-born?” Adela asked.

“No, Boris is a pureblood but I don’t think they’re going to get along well…”

I looked at the door swing open with Scorpius and Boris laughing their arses off. Never mind… I hugged Boris and shot a glance at Scorpius.

“Crazy, huh?!” Boris yelled. This guy just has so much energy…

“I know!” I yelled back, excited.

“But isn’t this going to be stressing for you? Being a Champion, Head Girl, and the captain of the Electric Status and all.”

“Yeah… But I’ll manage. Aaron and Ray are helping me out loads so I’m going to be fine.”

“That’s true.”

We heard the chatter from the Great Hall diminish and the professors, a proud Mr. Malfoy, Clawford, Manerthil, Headmistress Maximum, and Krum came inside. Krum gave both, Boris and I, a wink and a grin.

“Now, I’m sure you’ve all introduced yourself to everyone so let’s cut to the chase,” Mr. Clawford said. “You’re first task will be in two months and it can be anything.”

“What are the restrictions, sir?” Frances asked.

Mr. Malfoy grinned and said, “That’s for you to decide.”

“Huh?” The six of us asked.

"Anyways, go on to your dormitories. You have a full month a head of you. Go on, go one," The Headmaster of Hogwarts said to us. We nodded and walked out.

While Frances and I were walking, I wanted to start a conversation with her but I didn't know what to day to her. I cleared my throat and was about to say something but she interrupted me. 

"Look, Dursley. I want to win this! I got picked for a certain reason and that reason is to win! So I don't want your Mudblood ass to get in my way for my victory 'kay?" Frances said.

"What...?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes at me and went inside the Beauxbatons building, leaving me there, all alone and confused. The word Mudblood rang though my head. Why does that word insult me so much? I thought I got over it ever since Scorpius and the other Slytherins called me that...

I ran inside the Durmstrang building and into the restroom. I put a silent spell on me and cried. I'm not even sure why I'm crying. Memories?

When I got out, I was greeted by Boris who had a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright? And don't say no because you were obviously crying."