Getting It Right

Frances PoV

There were things I had to make clear before Daisy, who was still in the Hospital Wing, saw me again. Like fixing the situation with her Quidditch Teammates, her friends Gretchen and Bradley and other things I messed up. 

First, I went on a small search for her teammates. I searched in the Quidditch field, Great Hall, Durmstrang dorms and even a couple of classrooms but they were all gone. I didn’t even see one. Strange, usually when I wondered through the hallways, I saw at least one.

As I tapped on my chin, I passed by the Hospital Wing and saw a small crowd around Daisy’s hospital bed. I could tell that Daisy was still asleep because they were communicating through large hand gestures and hushed voices. Perplexed at the scene, I walked to them and as I got closer, I noticed that it was her Quidditch Team, Electric Status.

“Hey, guys,” I greeted as I stood next to the one I believed was Travis, the Seeker.

“Oh, hello, Prevot,” He greeted back with a small nod. 

“What are you guys doing?” 

“We’re visiting our captain,” Robert whispered followed by a proud smile. “My idea.”

“Shut up, Rob. We decided to come here together, as team,” Alex laughed as he nudged Robert. 

“Yeah, even though she gave us hell in our practicing schedules, she took a pretty hard blow on the arena,” Ray, the co-captain said. 

I looked down onto my feet and tried to think of a good apology. The thing was that I was never good at saying sorry. My motto in life was and still is, “Whatever happens, happens and saying sorry would only create more havoc and a draw to the past.” So as a result, saying sorry is a pretty hard thing to do.

I cleared my throat, looked at Ray and said, “That’s my fault, to be honest.”

“What? The dragon’s claw to Captain?” Kyle whispered with a gasp. 

“No, idiot!” I snapped.

“Shush!” Madam Pomfrey snapped. “If you don’t be quiet, you’ll be sent out.” 

I glared at Kyle and shook my head. “No, not the dragon’s claw to her. I meant the schedule changes.”

“Meaning?” Tyson asked.

“I told you guys fake schedule changes so that you can get mad at Daisy,” I said quietly and quickly.

“What?” All five six boys asked at the same time.

“What don’t you get?”

“Why?” All asked again.

“Because I wanted all the glory and it seemed to me that Daisy was getting all the attention that I wanted.” 

At first, I stayed staring at my feet and waited for their replies but after a while of hearing nothing, I looked up at Electric Status. The six boys’ faces were all the same, happy, reassured and relieved but all mixed in with hate for me.

“I knew Captain wouldn’t do that to us,” Robert replied with a smug.

“Oh, shut up, Rob! You were the one to get mad at her first,” Alex said, hitting him on the head.

“So, I’m sorry for creating a huge misunderstanding,” I finally said. I almost passed because I cringed on the word ‘sorry’. “So… Am I forgiven?” 

Ray took the stand, walked towards me and extended his hand to me. “You are forgiven, Prevot. Just don’t do that again or you’ll be feeling Electric Status wrath, you hear?”