Chapter 32: The 3rd Motive

With the decision of peeking at the girls or going back to the Dining Hall in my hands, I suddenly heard voices in my head, screaming at me to make a move.

On one side, I could hear, "Don't be scared! Peek at them! It'll be the only chance you'll get at this! A once in a blue moon opportunity!"

But, the other side screamed back, "Respect your boundaries! You're not gonna be THAT scummy to do such a thing, right? Know your manners!"

I may be quite the daredevil, reckless, and carefree, but I also have my boundaries and manners in check.

And, as Leon and Makoto continued to stare at me, the decision in my hands...

Eventually, I let out a sigh.

"I'm going back to the hall." I say, earning a sigh of disapproval from Leon but an excited yelp from Makoto.

Leon: Tch, what are you, scared? They're not going to realize! Are you scared to get found out or something!?

Apollo: Of course I am! And, apparently unlike you, I respect privacy!

Makoto: Yeah! The Apollo I know would never do such a thing!

I shot an angry glare at Makoto, shushing him up.

Makoto: Oh... s-sorry...

I glanced back at Leon.

Apollo: We're going back to the hall. Final decision.

Monokuma: Whawha...? What about your man's fantasy...?

Apollo: My definition of that is not like yours. It's not about spying on girls or fishing your way through privacy.

Makoto: Yeah! It should be more about your hopes, your dreams, your adventures, whatever!

Apollo: So... I'm not going to spy on them.

Monokuma: I see. I can't even describe my bitter disappointment. That primo fan service coulda been yours...

Leon: Bah! What a load of bullcrap! Fine then, I'm gonna peek at them MYSELF!

Angrily, Leon stomped away to the bathhouse, leaving me and Makoto to go back to the dining hall ourselves.

But, even though I know that I made the right decision...

I felt reluctant to turn down the offer.

"There's always better opportunities than this, though... There will be a better opportunity than this."

So, with that thought in mind, the two of us headed to the dining hall.

---------------

As I grabbed a few snacks to wait for the girls, I sat down on my chair. Makoto was still stationed a few distances away, and I could see that he had this skeptical look on his face.

Eventually, as I went through my first potato chip packet, I could see Makoto take a deep breath and stand up. He then walked over to me and sat beside me.